• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by justtorchit View Post
    Ummmm. wait what?
    its 8 lug?

Im not sure if ur confused by your response. 8lug is not the same a soft 8
    i could be completely wrong but that rear looks like a waggy rear which im guessing the front is a waggy. I mean the dude might have put ford dana44 hd outers on it and got custom shafts for the rear. But i highhhhhhly doubt it.

Im sticking with my gut feeling and saying its 6 lug.
    I just asked the guy, and he's telling me it's 8 lug. I'll ask him for a picture of that just to be sure. I probably am confusing myself. As stated earlier, i'm still learning all this shenanigans. I'll continue probing the guy for answers.

Originally posted by HeavyMetal View Post
    what size tires do you run?

you may be opening a can of worms over this

dont let the 2 ARBs dictate your entire build
    32x11.5x15 KM2's

I was just thinking that for a good price, i should jump on this. Is my logic wrong?

Here's two more pictures.

Hudson

Build Thread - http://www.ausjeepoffroad.com/forum/...d.php?t=121903

No Amount Of Money Is Worth Your Sanity.

Comment

In the pic it Looks like he has wheel adapter/spacers on the rear so maybe it is 8 lug..
      Either way I would go with a 35 tire size, I'm seriouly suprised that with all this work he didn't truss these axles especially running a 37" tire..
      It's deffinately a good deal tho

Comment

Originally posted by clean4drxj View Post
        In the pic it Looks like he has wheel adapter/spacers on the rear so maybe it is 8 lug..
        Either way I would go with a 35 tire size, I'm seriouly suprised that with all this work he didn't truss these axles especially running a 37" tire..
        It's deffinately a good deal tho
        Nope. It's a 6 lug. I asked the guy last night and he said 8, then I asked him again after someone's concern and he now says it's a 6 lug. I guess I'll have to get 6 lugs. Any reccomendations on that?

I currently have 32s. I think i want to run 35s eventually as I plan on keeping this a dd, and my 32s still have decent tread on them. I also think having only 4.5" of lift would be a problem with 35s. Should I upgrade to 6.5" of lift?

What is a truss? Is it like a piece of metal welded across the axle for extra support? Thanks for all the input.
        Hudson

Comment

4.5" and 35's has worked for quite a few people on here. Andrew, Will, Caleb, Zullo... They've all run 4.5" and 35's. Plus the gearing of these axles is a little steep for 32's...

Yes, a truss goes across the axle to strengthen it laterally. As to the rims... Andy's right, go check out Summit for Cragar steelies. 50 bucks apiece. Or, if you like some OEM 6-lug wheel that matches the bolt pattern and don't mind possibly scratching/curbing/rashing them, use them and get a 35" tire for that. Lots of options wheel-wise.
          2000 XJ: "The Black Jeep"
          MK2 Jetta > M3
          Chairman of the Chechnyan Space Program

Comment

Originally posted by Hudson View Post
            Nope. It's a 6 lug. I asked the guy last night and he said 8, then I asked him again after someone's concern and he now says it's a 6 lug. I guess I'll have to get 6 lugs. Any reccomendations on that?

I currently have 32s. I think i want to run 35s eventually as I plan on keeping this a dd, and my 32s still have decent tread on them. I also think having only 4.5" of lift would be a problem with 35s. Should I upgrade to 6.5" of lift?

What is a truss? Is it like a piece of metal welded across the axle for extra support? Thanks for all the input.
            as much as i hate to say. pass on this deal.

you need to read and learn about alottttt.
            Dont go in over your head and end up like 90 percent of the people who part thier jeeps out in a year.
            Learn to wheel with the setup you have and improve on the areas that are weak.
            you will probably spend alot more cash in the long run.... but hey, ya gotta learn somehow

ask questions on everything you dont know and we can get you the info you need.
            Last edited by justtorchit; 06-14-2012, 10:00 AM.
            Originally posted by Ktmracer419
            some people choose video games
            some choose projects
            some choose welding random things together

Comment

Dont go in over your head and end up like 90 percent of the people who part thier jeeps out in a year.
              you will probably spend alot more cash in the long run.... but hey, ya gotta learn somehow

agreed here
              - Will

Originally posted by fizzy
              or am asians pants not a read end lol.
              Originally posted by DizzDizz
              aliens probed my husband

Comment

Put some lunchbox lockers in your stock axles. It's not going to be a bangin deal like those are, but you'll get to take your axles apart and see how they work and you'll be amazed at where your Jeep will go afterwards. Half the fun is growing into your Jeep.
                97 XJ.

Comment

I also agree, locker/s, Gears, and 33's and be done for a while
                  if you start getting into bigger tires you will find bigger trouble, and by that i me do more stuff which will result in twisting up the unibody.

Comment

I agree with you all of you telling me to hold off. You're right, I do have a lot to learn. I'm uneducated on these sorts of things, I'll admit it.

However, i don't think I should pass this up. If I plan on doing this myself, I'll end up 3x as much. It's a good deal and I think I should buy them even if they just sit in my garage until I learn to wheel. I think it's a good investment.
                    Hudson

Comment

if you have 1500 burnin a hole in your pocket sure..
                      but IMO that 1500 can go to making your jeep as it stands pretty sweet, and not have some garage ornaments
                      - Will

Originally posted by fizzy
                      or am asians pants not a read end lol.
                      Originally posted by DizzDizz
                      aliens probed my husband

Comment

Originally posted by HeavyMetal View Post
                        if you have 1500 burnin a hole in your pocket sure..
                        but IMO that 1500 can go to making your jeep as it stands pretty sweet, and not have some garage ornaments
                        Could you please elaborate on that?

Lets say i just gave you 1500$, but you had to spend it on the jeep. However, your jeep is my jeep. What do you buy?
                        Hudson

Comment

Gears/lockers, 33's, use what's left on armor.
                          MK2 Jetta > M3

Comment

Originally posted by SwampAss View Post
                            4.5" and 35's has worked for quite a few people on here. Andrew, Will, Caleb, Zullo... They've all run 4.5" and 35's
                            so i part out 1 rig and already i'm thrown aside like chopped liver
                            I drive a Datsun

Comment

Originally posted by Burton58 View Post
                              so i part out 1 rig and already i'm thrown aside like chopped liver
                              Sorry- Alex too

I only made that list from people that I've been around to see their rigs on that setup.
                              MK2 Jetta > M3

Comment

Originally posted by SwampAss View Post
                                Sorry- Alex too

I only made that list from people that I've been around to see their rigs on that setup.
                                you never saw the red jeep??
                                I drive a Datsun

Comment

Working...
                                X