• Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Bigbike View Post
    If its like an XJ
    4.0 w/ auto-3.55 gears
    4.0 w/manual- 3.07
    2.5 w/any trans- 4.10
    These are in most circumstances, and I am guessing YJs are similar to XJs gearing wise.
    2.5 with auto trans could have 4.56.

I have an 8.25 from an xj that has 3.55s I could sell you. Im going to be pulling my d35 out of my mj soon if you want that. Its spring under and 3.07.

Comment

Easiest:
      Step A - Remove old axle
      Step B - Find the exact same axle from another Wrangler. To do so, check the tag on the axle that states gear ratio if it still exists. Tag will say 3.54, 4.11, 3.07 etc. The axle will not be in a Wrangler that has a 4 cylinder.
      Step C- Reinstall the entire axle, not the gears or anything inside.

Option B:
      Step 1 - Find entire front and rear axles out of a 4 cylinder Wrangler which will have 4.10 gears.
      Step 2 - Replace entire front and rear axles

There will be no improvement in strength on the Dana 35 axle, regardless of what gears you have in it. The only upgrade in strength will be a completely different axle.
      88 YJ...kinda. Clayton Hard Arms, V8, 1 tons w/Detroits, twin sticked T-18/NP205, Irok's, MasterCrafts, fuel cell, multi-colored

Comment

And why wasnt this moved to tech?
        88 YJ...kinda. Clayton Hard Arms, V8, 1 tons w/Detroits, twin sticked T-18/NP205, Irok's, MasterCrafts, fuel cell, multi-colored

Comment

Originally posted by Wide-J View Post
          Easiest:
          Step A - Remove old axle
          Step B - Find the exact same axle from another Wrangler. To do so, check the tag on the axle that states gear ratio if it still exists. Tag will say 3.54, 4.11, 3.07 etc. The axle will not be in a Wrangler that has a 4 cylinder.
          Step C- Reinstall the entire axle, not the gears or anything inside.

Option B:
          Step 1 - Find entire front and rear axles out of a 4 cylinder Wrangler which will have 4.10 gears.
          Step 2 - Replace entire front and rear axles

There will be no improvement in strength on the Dana 35 axle, regardless of what gears you have in it. The only upgrade in strength will be a completely different axle.
          the original poster should read just this post...
          "when I'm riding my motorcycle,I'm glad to be alive...when I stop riding my motorcycle,I'm glad to be alive"

Comment

thats sucks man,
            4x4 Station Wagon...

Comment

D35 issue's.. when you have the money for another axle. change it..

Comment

After five hours and my first axle swap it was complete.......i took out the old one and put in the new one in under five hours idk if thats any good but i did it by myself and on the floor for the first time not exp needed
                95 Yj 4.0, Flowmaster 40 series exhaust, Blue Hids and Yellow Fog Lights, K&N air filter, 2" Boomarang shackles, and sway bar and track bar removal.

Comment

Ack, I didn't read.
                  Last edited by Riot; 04-04-2009, 08:28 PM.
                  Is it egg nog season yet?

Comment

Lazy
                    Last edited by Riot; 04-04-2009, 08:28 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by Riot View Post
                      http://newhaven.craigslist.org/pts/1106484225.html

Ask him if he still has rear axle. Assuming you haven't figured out a solution yet. Also, I mentioned I don't know much, but i'm in West Haven daily, so feel free to PM me.
                      Are you stupid or just lazy? He said he did the axle swap himself.

Congrats on getting the axle swap done.

Comment

oldsdelta89 (9:27:26 PM): your to fucking lazy
                        vpx (9:27:30 PM): you're*

Comment

Comment

Originally posted by Riot View Post
                            oldsdelta89 (9:27:26 PM): your to fucking lazy
                            vpx (9:27:30 PM): you're*
                            too***
                            Originally posted by Fast Orange
                            if you piss all over the floor and get 3 drops in the bowl do you count that as good? granted i'm good for a sprinkle or two on the seat, but you leave all of our feet wet, metaphorically speaking of course
                            Originally posted by HitItWithSomeSpeed
                            I find adam sandler strangely attractive, it must be josh's fault. god that kid sucks

Comment

Working...
                            X