Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

what would your xj build be if starting over ?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

ill be sticking to 33's max on this one, its not going to be driven much but need to keep it lower for my gf w/the kids to get in and out. She had trouble with my TJ

as far as the 8.8 swap, it's been in my mind... there plentiful/cheap/big aftermarket support. it is a matter of switching spring perches and shock mount locations for an xj ?
    up to 40% off parts from advance auto parts, buy online and pick up at store for free-click here!
    eliminator MJ - Sold
    99 TJ on 36's - Sold 95 ZJ -parted out/scrapped
    Current Project - 'Family hauler' 2001 XJ

Comment

ran aussie's front and rear in both my XJ's. going is never a problem in the snow, only stopping. in which case that has nothing to do with lockers. just don't floor it or you go sideways a bit.

the 29 spline 8.25 is a great axle and comparable to a 44. obviously it has c-clips but the shafts are larger i think. anyway on 33's you will never break it.

also i've run a locked d30 on 35's for a few years and a different locked 30 on 33's for 2 years. NEVER broken anything and i wheel blacks all day long. both 260 and 297 shafts too
      I drive a Datsun

Comment

4 inches on superflex short arms, 30 front 8.25 locked front and rear 4:88's,armor chopped and bobbed. not street legal at all, 33 mtrs ruffstuff diff covers, cage, frame stiffiners.
        Dizz dizz go sleep sleep

Driver 4677 FSM vehicle

Comment

Originally posted by fizzy View Post
          4 inches on superflex short arms, 30 front 8.25 locked front and rear 4:88's,armor chopped and bobbed. not street legal at all, 33 mtrs ruffstuff diff covers, cage, frame stiffiners.
          Short armed and bobbed with a cage?

Just get out.
          I don't always drink orange juice, but when I do, I prefer to chew it. #madpulp

Comment

Originally posted by Burton58 View Post
            ran aussie's front and rear in both my XJ's. going is never a problem in the snow, only stopping. in which case that has nothing to do with lockers. just don't floor it or you go sideways a bit.

the 29 spline 8.25 is a great axle and comparable to a 44. obviously it has c-clips but the shafts are larger i think. anyway on 33's you will never break it.

also i've run a locked d30 on 35's for a few years and a different locked 30 on 33's for 2 years. NEVER broken anything and i wheel blacks all day long. both 260 and 297 shafts too

good to know, sounds like ill check out the aussie's, at least a rear one for now
            up to 40% off parts from advance auto parts, buy online and pick up at store for free-click here!
            eliminator MJ - Sold
            99 TJ on 36's - Sold 95 ZJ -parted out/scrapped
            Current Project - 'Family hauler' 2001 XJ

Comment

Working...
            X