No announcement yet.

T case drop help! broken bolts!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

what about cutting into the floor to see inside the frame? and i was thinkin weld a piece of flat steel where the bolts go and weld new nuts to that? what you guys think?
    98 xj, 4.0, AW4, 231 AA SYE, 4.5"RE/RC, CA drop brackets, 33s, and some other stuff

Comment

Take it from someone who has replaced their floor. I dont ever ever every want to do thta job again ever ever. Heat is way easier then taking everything inside the Jeep apart, cutting the floor, welding, welding the floor back in, sealing it, and then putting everything back in.

Personally, I think thats taking a 30 minute job and turning it into a 6 hour job.
      I don't always drink orange juice, but when I do, I prefer to chew it. #madpulp

Comment

ok. so say i get the one bolt to come out. what about the broken one? just drill and retap?
        98 xj, 4.0, AW4, 231 AA SYE, 4.5"RE/RC, CA drop brackets, 33s, and some other stuff

Comment

Yup, thats what I would do. Drill it and tap it slightly oversized. Google search a drill and tap index for the proper size.
          I don't always drink orange juice, but when I do, I prefer to chew it. #madpulp

Comment

Working...
          X