NP231 P.O.R.C. HD SYE instal.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• NP231 P.O.R.C. HD SYE instal.

I have an SYE and CV shaft coming, but I don't know the first thing about installation, and from what I have heard, the instructions are shit. I also lack a functional garage (no room to work, all hand tools). I am looking for someone that really knows their way around this instal, even if they are just watching me, and telling me what I need to do next/making sure I'm not fucking anything up. I don't know how long it takes, what tools I might need (aside from wrenches and a snap-ring pliers), or most anything else about this. All I can really offer in return, is food, beer, and future favors.

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks,
    Shane
    Shane "The Bag" Carlson

2.5L TJ, 5-speed, frankenlift, and stuff.
    My "Bucket" Build
    MilitaryJeepers.com
    ‚——P--;===±--= <-
    !‚–’¯ƒ¹¶

http://www.4x4xplor.com/SYE-CV.html

Comment

just bring it to my house and we'll get it done
      1991 YJ, 1 tons, locked, lots o armor, stretched, cage

Comment

its much easier than the internet says.

having never been in a transfer case before it took me about an hour the first time.

second time was about half that
        www.eatsleepexp.wordpress.com

Comment

just make sure you get a good rtv seal there, give it time to "skin over" and let it sit a few hours before adding fluid.

i personally like "the right stuff" its liek rtv only bettuh, i only use it for important seals i don't want to open for a long time cuz it runs pretty expensive.
          www.eatsleepexp.wordpress.com

Comment

Thanks, the interwebz "write-ups" seem like an SYE is not something I should even think about attempting.
            Shane "The Bag" Carlson

2.5L TJ, 5-speed, frankenlift, and stuff.
            My "Bucket" Build
            MilitaryJeepers.com
            ‚——P--;===±--= <-
            !‚–’¯ƒ¹¶

Comment

If you have snap ring pliers, get better ones. Thats my only advice because i went through 3 pairs the first time i did this install. Honestly the snap rings were the hardest part of this whole install so you should be set.
              99 xj, 3" RC, 35" BFG AT red labels, custom rear bumper, SYE, armor, Hellas, waggy 44's fr+rr, 5.13's ,lunchbox lockers fr+rr, rear disk conversion,rock crusher covers frt+rr, beefy homemade 1 ton highsteer setup

Comment

Originally posted by bucketokarma View Post
                Thanks, the interwebz "write-ups" seem like an SYE is not something I should even think about attempting.
                Shane, have confidence in yourself. I will dig up the Advanced Adapter instructions I have somewhere. They are really easy to follow. You CAN do it.

Comment

Originally posted by CSaddict View Post
                  Shane, have confidence in yourself. I will dig up the Advanced Adapter instructions I have somewhere. They are really easy to follow. You CAN do it.

X2 man. I took my case out to do it but doing it in the Jeep makes more sense. Its really not that bad at all. just take your time and stay organized!!!!!

Comment

shane just bring it buy, we can do in a couple hours
                    1991 YJ, 1 tons, locked, lots o armor, stretched, cage

Comment

i thought the same thing at first. so i had fred come over and we drank a bunch of booze.. then we got the transfer case done.. in like 2 hours or so, and that include drinking and losing place in the instructions a bunch of times.

Comment

Working...
                      X