Full float 44?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by ninetysix-ex-jay View Post
    The reason I refuse to even consider Alloys. Will bent a Yukon (IIRC) Alloy and Zullo ran stock shafts and I don't think I have half the foot he has

i bent a yukon shaft near the bearings, their shit is junk. my stock stuff is together just fine to this day
    - Will

Originally posted by fizzy
    or am asians pants not a read end lol.
    Originally posted by DizzDizz
    aliens probed my husband

Comment

Superior or Currie for semifloat shafts.

Not a fan of yukon.
      No worries, I'm not actually back, I'm just reminiscing about the old days.

ForSure Motorsports
      Win or Lose, We Booze.

Vice President of Internal Affairs at Dirty Donny's House of Hookers

Comment

I would go with 35 spline stuff cheap insurance as far as shafts go they are going to be the same price. I know 30 splines hold up for some people but while your at it just buy the 35 spline stuff.
        Check out the length vs the aftermarket 35spline D44 shafts some are long and cut to length.

Also just call a couple axle companies you will get your answer in a few minutes.
        places like Moser cut all shafts to order
        RCrocs #123 Brown CJ-5
        www.offroadcustomcreations.com

Sponsors:
        Corbeau, Tom Wood, PSC, Polyperformance, Inner Air Lock, Miller Welds, Heavymetal Concepts

Comment

by 1 set of spares i meant a cheap stock set, FWIW.
          - Will

Originally posted by fizzy
          or am asians pants not a read end lol.
          Originally posted by DizzDizz
          aliens probed my husband

Comment

i agree with justin, there's no reason not to go all out, especially because you plan on abusing the hell out of this axle.

A 35 spline ARB costs the same as a 30 or 33 spline ARB.

ForSure Motorsports
            Win or Lose, We Booze.

Comment

if i went with 35 would i have to make it a full float?
              2000 xj 4.5 clayton longarms with wontons with a touch of
              97' zj
              2012 surbra imperza DD
              im a motivation machine like the hammer and sickle in communism

Comment

no, you can get semifloat 35 spline stuff.

My rear dana 60 is 35 spline semifloat. It's a 1.5" dia shaft.

You can get cut to fit semifloat shafts from superior but you have to upgrade the wheel bearing cups from the set 10's on there now, to the set 20 bearings. And essentially you have that same rear axle i have but with a 44 centersection instead of a 60.

I do not know though if they make those shafts with a 6 lug option.

Mine are 5x5.5, you would have to call to find out. They are $318 retail for the pair, which IMO is a good price for chromolly axles. the bearings are $40 from solid axle and the bearing cups are from currie, i think they're around $90.
                Last edited by Zullock Holmes; 12-05-2011, 07:42 PM.

ForSure Motorsports
                Win or Lose, We Booze.

Comment

set 10 and set 20 bearings have the same ID different OD so the 35 spline fits through both.
                  RCrocs #123 Brown CJ-5

Sponsors:
                  Corbeau, Tom Wood, PSC, Polyperformance, Inner Air Lock, Miller Welds, Heavymetal Concepts

Comment

Originally posted by customcreationsllc View Post
                    set 10 and set 20 bearings have the same ID different OD so the 35 spline fits through both.
                    did not know that about the ID, just assumed that they were diff because the OD was different.

Thanks the more you know......

ForSure Motorsports
                    Win or Lose, We Booze.

Comment

Originally posted by JeepBabiiXJ View Post
                      did not know that about the ID, just assumed that they were diff because the OD was different.

Thanks the more you know......
                      I remember it being a little bit of a pain to find the numbers but I did look it up I can track them down for you if you want.

Larger OD allows for higher load why wouldn't you use them if you are starting from scratch if not just runn the set10. But stock XJ/TJ D44 are Set10.
                      RCrocs #123 Brown CJ-5

Sponsors:

Comment

Originally posted by JeepBabiiXJ View Post
                        you can technically get a front 44 and machine the spindles and weld them to the tube ends. and then use the hubs for the rear.
                        how ya gonna fit a 33 spline shaft in a 19 spline spindle?

ive heard of people boring the 44 spindles out in the front to accept 30 spline outers, but also heard it starts to get scary thin.

i ran a 33 spline 44 back in the day and broke a gearset. you shouldnt have to worry about carrying spares with a 33/35 spline alloy on 35's.

upgraded to a semifloat 60 since then and well..... anything is possible:

35 spline alloy shaft and 35's
                        www.eatsleepexp.wordpress.com

Comment

Originally posted by HeavyMetal View Post
                          i bent a yukon shaft near the bearings, their shit is junk. my stock stuff is together just fine to this day

stock>yukon fo sho
                          www.eatsleepexp.wordpress.com

Comment

I rock alloyusa 30 spline shafts on my rear 44. I am way more afraid of blowing up the front when I am on the skinny pedal.

Comment

Are you still running stock shafts in your 30 Alex?
                              -Caleb

Crawl Daddy Champion 2011

1999 XJ 4 inchs of lift or so, 35s and some other stuff.

Comment

Working...
                              X