cheap tires

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• cheap tires

i know this isnt really a tech problem but i didnt know where to put this question so i apologize in advance.

with the winter coming and seeing as im already starting to slide all over the road with all this rain, i think its time to invest in new tires. I have BF goodrich AT's now and was thinking of getting the mud terrains. i have some used 31" BF AT's but unfortunately no funds to start my project yet so i need to get something smaller. thinking of getting 30" tires. just wondering where i should go for these thats local. I live in Danbury CT. is Town fair tire priced decently or is there anywhere cheaper i can go. Thanks
    Whoever appeals to the law against his fellow man is either a fool or a coward. Whoever cannot take care of himself without that law is both. For a wounded man shall say to his assailant, "If I Live, I will kill you. If I Die, You are Forgiven." Such is the Rule of Honor.

u dont need any money to fit 31s, and mud terrains are shittier in the snow than at's
    95 xj JY 3" 35" truxus mt's

Comment

Originally posted by murdered out manche View Post
      u dont need any money to fit 31s, and mud terrains are shittier in the snow than at's
      QFT
      Shane "The Bag" Carlson

2.5L TJ, 5-speed, frankenlift, and stuff.
      My "Bucket" Build
      MilitaryJeepers.com
      ‚——P--;===±--= <-
      !‚–’¯ƒ¹¶

Comment

31's will fit with the stock suspension? My suspension is pretty shot. I need rear leafs and shocks all around
        Whoever appeals to the law against his fellow man is either a fool or a coward. Whoever cannot take care of himself without that law is both. For a wounded man shall say to his assailant, "If I Live, I will kill you. If I Die, You are Forgiven." Such is the Rule of Honor.

Comment

Originally posted by Dcampbell98XJ View Post
          31's will fit with the stock suspension? My suspension is pretty shot. I need rear leafs and shocks all around
          make a bastard pack with s10 leafs

Comment

Unfortunately im probably just going to get the stock ones cause I its going to be a while until I get a chance to lift my xj. I have a baby on the way and need to save what I can.

Comment

Unfortunately im probably just going to get the stock ones cause I its going to be a while until I get a chance to lift my xj. I have a baby on the way and need to save what I can.

it's less money and maybe less work to make a bastard back than to put a new set of stock springs in. Get some u bolts, the s10 leaves, blast some of those in the old packs, throw in some centering pins and you're done. No more saggin ass.
              1993 XJ sport 3.5" rustys 33" MTZ's armored.
              1999 sierra
              1967 M725 Big and Slow
              -Dan

Comment

S10 bastard pack IS the cheapest way and it will stop your rear from sagging again. mine as well get it done before your kid pops out because after that you wont be buying much of anything!

Comment

I have s10 if you want to buy them already cut an taken apart

Comment

Originally posted by clean4drxj View Post
                    S10 bastard pack IS the cheapest way and it will stop your rear from sagging again. mine as well get it done before your kid pops out because after that you wont be buying much of anything!
                    Agreed. Second kid ready to spring forth into this world right now. Wife wants to spend what little we have after bills on baby stuff and keeping my first son satisfied as well... My jeep-stuff funding is now nonexistent.
                    Shane "The Bag" Carlson

2.5L TJ, 5-speed, frankenlift, and stuff.
                    My "Bucket" Build
                    MilitaryJeepers.com
                    ‚——P--;===±--= <-
                    !‚–’¯ƒ¹¶

Comment

i just sold the perfect set of wheels on the cheap. i wish i had known i will keep an eye out how much were you looking to spend?
                      -98 XJ 4.5" lift , 35's, trimmed, locked, geared, flexy
                      -14 Subaru STI hatch Stage 2ish
                      -54 Dodge Power wagon M-37
                      -57 GMC Pickup
                      -Tim (OIIIIIO)

Comment

Im looking for something similar to the cragar soft 8s 15s. I don't have a full spare either so I need one of those too. Iv been looking around and most places want about 1200 for 5 rims and tire. Some of my leafs are actually broken. I found that out when I went to do the rear brakes. This will also be my second kid but luckily im getting married this week and will have some spending money. How hard is it to do the bastard pack?

Comment

Also is it possible to put abs on a 98xj classic. Mine does not have it and the tires love to lock up in rain?

Comment

Working...
                          X