need of upgraded gear ratios?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by grundlepunch View Post
    did you take into account that your millage is probably off due to the larger tire size and gearing? so if u use your trip to calculate your mpg you are getting in accurate results
    calibrate speed sensor gear

And Andy why do you always have to be Mr know it all. and everything you say must be degrading. You might not believe me do i care? No i could give a fuck less. This is blazer guys thread ,you don't have the right to sit here and bad mouth me and say i'm wrong in his thread. So for pete sakes shut up.
    Dizz dizz go sleep sleep

Driver 4677 FSM vehicle

Comment

lets all calm down, my children of the earth. no need to bad mouth anyone.....but i also am curious and do wanna see you get 22 mpg's LOL

but as for everyone else, yea i can't decide which of the 4's i wanna do. I will probably get 35's, and I plan on driving the xj about 70-80% onroad and the rest offroad. I have noticed that my xj now is a little sluggish to accelerate, with 33's and a stock 8.25 chrystler axle...not sure bout which gear ratio i got now...But cant be too good i assume since its sluggish lol.

So with the 35's in mind and looking at my percentages, i assume i will wanna go with like 410 or 456???
      97 Chevy Blazer LT 2" Body lift, 2" Suspension lift, 31" General Grabbers AT2. Sold
      96 Jeep XJ Classic 6.5" RC lift with 33" Duratracs. Sold
      00 Jeep XJ Sport 4.5" lift 33" BFG MudTerrains

Comment

Originally posted by fizzy View Post
        calibrate speed sensor gear

And Andy why do you always have to be Mr know it all. and everything you say must be degrading. You might not believe me do i care? No i could give a fuck less. This is blazer guys thread ,you don't have the right to sit here and bad mouth me and say i'm wrong in his thread. So for pete sakes shut up.
        Did the smoke go back up ur ass?
        Originally posted by Ktmracer419
        some people choose video games
        some choose projects
        some choose welding random things together

Comment

Originally posted by blazerguy912 View Post
          lets all calm down, my children of the earth. no need to bad mouth anyone.....but i also am curious and do wanna see you get 22 mpg's LOL

but as for everyone else, yea i can't decide which of the 4's i wanna do. I will probably get 35's, and I plan on driving the xj about 70-80% onroad and the rest offroad. I have noticed that my xj now is a little sluggish to accelerate, with 33's and a stock 8.25 chrystler axle...not sure bout which gear ratio i got now...But cant be too good i assume since its sluggish lol.

So with the 35's in mind and looking at my percentages, i assume i will wanna go with like 410 or 456???
          4:56 do it. and i dont drive like a retard usually and i keep the cruise control on doing about 65mph just chillen and thats what i get. i had to have my dad double check it for me cause i thought it was wrong.
          Dizz dizz go sleep sleep

Driver 4677 FSM vehicle

Comment

Originally posted by justtorchit View Post
            Did the smoke go back up ur ass?
            no i dont smoke pot.
            Dizz dizz go sleep sleep

Driver 4677 FSM vehicle

Comment

i dont think you could go wrong with 4.56. it should be plenty of gear for you at that level. honestly if youre more on road 4:10 may even be better so you dont kick your rpms up too high. when you look at it, the highest gear ratio you could possibly have right now is 3.73 if youre stock which is a sizeable increase to 4.10. especially if you are numerically lower gearing such as 3.55 or 3.07, which are the other 2 possibilities that your truck has. so if it were me, i would evaluate it as 4.56 being on the high end, almost too much and then 4.10 being on the lowish end but not too low, numerically that is. if there were a midpoint between those i would take it for sure though.
              Hack Shack Racing #4632 Jeep TJ

Comment

go with 4:56's
                "when I'm riding my motorcycle,I'm glad to be alive...when I stop riding my motorcycle,I'm glad to be alive"

Comment

Originally posted by fizzy View Post
                  . So for pete sakes shut up.
                  This has nothing to do with me
                  P8R

2012 Honda Accord - For DD/MPG Porpoises - Cooper Tire: Count on Cooper
                  2014 Granite Crystal WK2 Limited - Nitto Tire: Fueled by Enthusiasts

Poontang Pro 300EX 42" - For lawn porpoises
                  OG KOT #4736 Semper Sky Rock Racing/Standardbred Racing Designs 15.5 HP Turbo-Cool Craftsman, 6 Spd w/ crawl box, fat turf treads, Custom paint, and a red onzie

Comment

I love my 4.88 and im only on 33 on highway doing 70 I get about 16 mpg at 70 it puts me at about 2600 rpms mine is also not my daily driver on 35 it will also drop a bit I am putting 35 on sat so I will let you know

Comment

I get 13.8 on 35's and 4:10's on the highway, it's not too bad, it deff still has a bit of a kick to it in low but i also don't want to have a toothpick pinion with the 4:88's
                      God made the world in seven days, on the 7th day, he made the Le Car

Real Jeeps have Unibodys

Comment

Working...
                      X