New stickies

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• New stickies

So I am going to get some new tires when I get back from school and will probably not put them on until spring but I want to order them sooner rather than later as my parents are helping me pay for them as a birthday gift. Right now I have Remington mud brutes 35x12.5 R15 and I don't really break often and really never on the trail due to tire size but I am only running a 30 and a 44 I also have 4.56's with a locker in the rear. I don't really want to spend more than $1000 for a set but I might be able to go above that if the quality of tire is worth it. I am obviously considering another set of 35x12.5's but I might go up to 35x13.5 if I figure out I want something that only comes in this seize (eg. krawlers) but if you guys think I won't break too much I might go up to 37's. Basically what I am asking you guys is, with my setup would you do 37's or would you even do 35x13.5's and which tire would you get in terms of bang for your buck?
    These are what I am looking at, though I am more than willing to consider other tires.
    http://www.tirerack.com/tires/tires....omCompare1=yes
    http://www.4x4groupbuy.com/store/pit...5-p-11454.html

These I am sort of considering but based upon the price point and the fact that as far a I know they are not any better than the cheaper tires I probably won't get these.
    Jeeps don't get stuck ... they just take a nap when they are tired of being awesome
    93 2DR XJ 8" lift D30/D44 4.56's 35" MTRs IRO Y-link Build:http://sisoffroad.com/forums/showthread.php?t=9658
    Eric

no way in hell i would go to 37's.

with 35's the krawler is the best choice if you aren't on the road a ton. otherwise the new mtr's would be my choice but it's all personal opinion
    I drive a Datsun

Comment

if you dd this jeep or drive it on the road more than 5 times a month say bye bye to crawlers. i love my mtrs never had a problem with them. stay far away from pitbull rockers unless you love not having traction on rocks. dick cepeks i dont know much about, and the km2 is very comparable to the mtr.
      Dizz dizz go sleep sleep

Driver 4677 FSM vehicle

Comment

Mtr's are way quieter than the km2's imo, and don't run stickies if this isn't a trailer rig. My buddy just put 35 pitbulls on his xj that measure out to 37" and they are TERRIBLE on the road.
        God made the world in seven days, on the 7th day, he made the Le Car

Real Jeeps have Unibodys

Comment

i have been told multiple times 35 krawlers were terrrible on the road i wanted to go them when i still had my xj,

i loved my km2's though they did everything i could have ever asked of them, from i have seen though the mtr kevlar is equally as awesome as the km2, so either would be awesome.

stickies are deff for a trailer only rig though
          No worries, I'm not actually back, I'm just reminiscing about the old days.

ForSure Motorsports
          Win or Lose, We Booze.

Vice President of Internal Affairs at Dirty Donny's House of Hookers

Comment

I do not own a trailer anymore, I was planning on using the money from selling me last one on a better one but then I decided I am going to buy a sport bike instead so I guess stickies and krawlers are out, though the only time this rig is driven is to trails and like 3 times a year to car shows, so I am thinking of just the BFG MT/R's or the KM2's at this point. They seem to be comparable in price and performance so at I'm still sort of undecided but at least I am narrowing it down by a lot. Just in the interest of having all the information I can before I rule out the krawlers, why would you guys say they are bad on road, what do they do? My jeep right now is all over the road and people think it is a death trap based upon how little any amount of steering input actually does. I can handle it and I never stray from my lane or anything like that but I need things to get better and I am thinking krawlers might make it worse.
            Jeeps don't get stuck ... they just take a nap when they are tired of being awesome
            93 2DR XJ 8" lift D30/D44 4.56's 35" MTRs IRO Y-link Build:http://sisoffroad.com/forums/showthread.php?t=9658
            Eric

Comment

I think what they mean is.. A krawler would wear very easily on the road and tend to cost$$ and a bias ply tire wouldn't do any justice for a jeep that handles iffy on the streets in the first place.

Comment

i would do mtrs or km2's both banging tires
                Dizz dizz go sleep sleep

Driver 4677 FSM vehicle

Comment

Originally posted by WickedXJ View Post
                  I do not own a trailer anymore, I was planning on using the money from selling me last one on a better one but then I decided I am going to buy a sport bike instead so I guess stickies and krawlers are out, though the only time this rig is driven is to trails and like 3 times a year to car shows, so I am thinking of just the BFG MT/R's or the KM2's at this point. They seem to be comparable in price and performance so at I'm still sort of undecided but at least I am narrowing it down by a lot. Just in the interest of having all the information I can before I rule out the krawlers, why would you guys say they are bad on road, what do they do? My jeep right now is all over the road and people think it is a death trap based upon how little any amount of steering input actually does. I can handle it and I never stray from my lane or anything like that but I need things to get better and I am thinking krawlers might make it worse.
                  it drives like shit because you have too much lift.
                  95 xj JY 3" 35" truxus mt's

Comment

krawlers have much less surface area than a all terrain or mud terrain tire. they also have large un-sipped lugs which prevents them from grabbing well and turning on wet/slick pavement and especially at road speeds.

My boss had 35 krawlers on his old TJ and said the thing was all over the road. The tires are simply not designed for that. I'm pretty sure that 35 krawlers are also blue labels, so yes they will wear on the road, but they will not simply cook away like a red label would. Red Labels are NOT D.O.T. approved.

and i also agree with dexter, regarding lift height.

also if i went to a car show to check out some muscle cars and cool stuff, and saw a lifted xj i'd laugh and put it in the same class as the guy that entered his civic. simply doesn't belong.

ohhh and dizzy's right, both great tires, theres a set of 35" MTR's for sale in the for sale section.

ForSure Motorsports
                    Win or Lose, We Booze.

Comment

Originally posted by JeepBabiiXJ View Post
                      krawlers have much less surface area than a all terrain or mud terrain tire. they also have large un-sipped lugs which prevents them from grabbing well and turning on wet/slick pavement and especially at road speeds.

My boss had 35 krawlers on his old TJ and said the thing was all over the road. The tires are simply not designed for that. I'm pretty sure that 35 krawlers are also blue labels, so yes they will wear on the road, but they will not simply cook away like a red label would. Red Labels are NOT D.O.T. approved.

and i also agree with dexter, regarding lift height.

also if i went to a car show to check out some muscle cars and cool stuff, and saw a lifted xj i'd laugh and put it in the same class as the guy that entered his civic. simply doesn't belong.

ohhh and dizzy's right, both great tires, theres a set of 35" MTR's for sale in the for sale section.
                      ya buy those 800 on wheels
                      Dizz dizz go sleep sleep

Driver 4677 FSM vehicle

Comment

Originally posted by JeepBabiiXJ View Post
                        I only bring it to general shows, not antique shows or anything like that and people love it, look up Middletown car cruise 2011, my friend decided to let family's take pictures with it and let the kids "drive" it. I take it to shows because people always love it at shows and I go with my friends, I have not gotten a single bad comment at a show with it.

As for the tires that are for sale with rims on here I won't be able to get those thanks to the fact that I am stuck in NY until November, but is either tire(MT/R or KM2) any better in the snow or ice?
                        Eric

Comment

Not to be a dick... but bringing a Jeep to a car show is equivalent of square peg, round hole.
                          2000 XJ: "The Black Jeep"
                          MK2 Jetta > M3
                          Chairman of the Chechnyan Space Program

Comment

Originally posted by SwampAss View Post
                            Not to be a dick... but bringing a Jeep to a car show is equivalent of square peg, round hole.
                            yupppp.

ohhh and i google'd that car show, saw lots of nice looking and some pretty cool classic cars and hot rods (even a few trucks)

Judging by the kind of people that go to car shows i refuse to believe your lifted XJ was a "huge hit". Even pretty ass TJ's with dynatrac 60's, 37's and crap loads of blings get strange looks from those people.

Not trying to say that you're wrong or your truck sucks, just that you are full of shit.

ForSure Motorsports
                            Win or Lose, We Booze.

Comment

95 xj JY 3" 35" truxus mt's

Comment

Working...
                              X