Traction bars

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Traction bars

Whats your ideas, concerns, opinions, general thoughts on these. mainly to keep axle wrap to minimum. and still maintaining flex?
    Dizz dizz go sleep sleep

Driver 4677 FSM vehicle

my general thought is

i probably should have one.
    - Will

Originally posted by fizzy
    or am asians pants not a read end lol.
    Originally posted by DizzDizz
    aliens probed my husband

Comment

keep it tucked out of the way and have a flex joint/heim on the frame end then it would be well worth it me thinks. axle wrap is a bastard
      I drive a Datsun

Comment

do it. i was designing one for the green jeep before i destroyed it.

got sick and tired of snapping driveshafts and yokes everytime i wanted to drop hammer.
        No worries, I'm not actually back, I'm just reminiscing about the old days.

ForSure Motorsports
        Win or Lose, We Booze.

Vice President of Internal Affairs at Dirty Donny's House of Hookers

Comment

do it. axle wrap is a bitch and caused my leafspring to break in half in a less than ideal situation. ill be doing this shortly

Comment

now if there was a solid traction bar kit that was on the market. would it be purchased or would people still continue to try to make it?
            Dizz dizz go sleep sleep

Driver 4677 FSM vehicle

Comment

gonna vary for everyone, but i'd probably buy it...based on my skills/time

just make a prototype off my belly skid and get it over with
              - Will

Originally posted by fizzy
              or am asians pants not a read end lol.
              Originally posted by DizzDizz
              aliens probed my husband

Comment

i think ruffstuff has kits? honestly this is a pretty simple design (think a single radius arm) and i know tim could whip up a design for one easily.

and maybe put them on the market for xj guys
                I drive a Datsun

Comment

tim already makes one. the black xj has one, its pretty bling if i remember right, its got liquid iron industries cut into it. Wish i had a pic, seen it in person though

dizz, you know exactly what i'm talking about, i know i'm not crazy lol

ForSure Motorsports
                  Win or Lose, We Booze.

Comment

ohhh i think making them for mass production was dizzy's point

i'd prob get one if it didn't take up too much clearance. i'm only running 3" no need to drag it everywhere
                    I drive a Datsun

Comment

Would be interesting to see how it would mount to the unibody...
                      2000 XJ: "The Black Jeep"
                      MK2 Jetta > M3
                      Chairman of the Chechnyan Space Program

Comment

i used a teraflex tj control arm as the mount to my skid. the teraflex arm is a floating design to when i flex it allows it to move freely. works awesome, scored a 1600 on the rti ramp.

Comment

Originally posted by JeepBabiiXJ View Post
                          tim already makes one. the black xj has one, its pretty bling if i remember right, its got liquid iron industries cut into it. Wish i had a pic, seen it in person though

dizz, you know exactly what i'm talking about, i know i'm not crazy lol
                          Tim made one one a fully built xj were looking for the weekend wheelers outlook you know what i mean
                          Dizz dizz go sleep sleep

Driver 4677 FSM vehicle

Comment

I would consider picking it up. Use my jeep to try it out,
                            I don't always drink orange juice, but when I do, I prefer to chew it. #madpulp

Comment

Originally posted by fizzy View Post
                              Tim made one one a fully built xj were looking for the weekend wheelers outlook you know what i mean
                              it's the same concept though, i mean that thing looked beef, was high clearance on the axle, so screw it just make em and sell em. haha

I talked to adam about doing them awhile ago after that mabell run, we were talking about axle wrap, he just told me to coil convert and forget about it. ohh well.

ohhh and he told me i needed to learn how to drive.

ForSure Motorsports
                              Win or Lose, We Booze.

Comment

Working...
                              X