Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

question about rough country suspension...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• question about rough country suspension...

Soo I bought the 6" lift for my cherokee like 3 or 4 months ago...The upper and lower control arms are the x-flex or whatever they are called, and each arm has like a joint where it mounts to the body...So, i load mine up with the expensive grease and they start squeeking after like a week tops, sometimes less. I go wheelin, but not that much that it should make the grease come out. Then I can reload it, and itll be fine for like another few days and squeeks again really bad, almost like a crunching/rubbing rough kind of noise...

First off, does/did anyone else have the same issue with their RC lift kit? And oes anyone know if the RC lift kits come with poly bushings or are they just rubber? And also, does that mean that when I assembled the joints, did I tighten it too hard since it squeeks and squeezes the grease out? Or is it too loose? Any help would be appreciated!
    97 Chevy Blazer LT 2" Body lift, 2" Suspension lift, 31" General Grabbers AT2. Sold
    96 Jeep XJ Classic 6.5" RC lift with 33" Duratracs. Sold
    00 Jeep XJ Sport 4.5" lift 33" BFG MudTerrains

same problems here for the zj 4inch thought it was just how it went
    TeamRedNReckless

98 zj 4" 31's no fenders or doors -Retired-

4x4 Abbreviations

Comment

call roughcountry and tell them your joints are worn and they'll send you another set. I've got the longarm upgrade and haven't had any sqeaking problems but I did call them up to tell them my bushings in the flex joints were worn and they ended up sending me some free and now they're on the shelf for when I do need them.
      Last edited by clean4drxj; 08-04-2011, 02:00 PM.

Comment

Working...
      X