adjusting pinion angle help

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• adjusting pinion angle help

I Installed sye on tj and got TW cv style shaft I set my Pinion angle up to what i think is correct aaccording to what ive read but im guessing its not because im getting vibes. Was wondering if any one on here knows how to set it correctly and can come give me a hand getting this set up correctly. Let me know.
    01 tj

do you have adjustable rear upper control arms?
    No worries, I'm not actually back, I'm just reminiscing about the old days.

ForSure Motorsports
    Win or Lose, We Booze.

Vice President of Internal Affairs at Dirty Donny's House of Hookers

Comment

Originally posted by JeepBabiiXJ View Post
      do you have adjustable rear upper control arms?
      Yes i do i used and angle finder and set it so the driveshaft angle and pinion angle were about the same 17degrees drive shafts 16 pinion angle I dont know if im just doing it wrong but i still have vibes so im guessing im missing something.
      01 tj

Comment

easiest way is to get a digital angle gauge, you can get a pretty good spot if you have the diff cover off, just place the gauge on the face of the centersection (where the diff cover bolts to) and set the gauge to zero. Leave the driveshaft connected to the rear end, then put the angle gauge on the driveshaft itself, use a bottle jack under the pinion to bring the gauge to 90 degrees.
        No worries, I'm not actually back, I'm just reminiscing about the old days.

ForSure Motorsports
        Win or Lose, We Booze.

Vice President of Internal Affairs at Dirty Donny's House of Hookers

Comment

Originally posted by JeepBabiiXJ View Post
          easiest way is to get a digital angle gauge, you can get a pretty good spot if you have the diff cover off, just place the gauge on the face of the centersection (where the diff cover bolts to) and set the gauge to zero. Leave the driveshaft connected to the rear end, then put the angle gauge on the driveshaft itself, use a bottle jack under the pinion to bring the gauge to 90 degrees.
          Thanks man .. I think i found the problem.. front wheel hub was shot and had play in it back and forth changed it out today and feels pretty smooth now . so i think i may have set it up good after all lol.
          01 tj

Comment

good rule of thumb, just point the pinion at the output shaft.

Comment

Working...
            X