tj rear coil bowing after lift

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• tj rear coil bowing after lift

does anyone have any experience with this? while doing my lift i have run into this now and need to correct my coil bowing be i htink relocating my upper buckets and my lower buckets in order to straighten it out.

if anyone knows anything useful about this let me know.

thanks
    Hack Shack Racing #4632 Jeep TJ

How much lift? and how bad is the bow? when you flex, does the upward movement threaten to shoot the coil across the state, or does it just collapse after all?
    Shane "The Bag" Carlson

2.5L TJ, 5-speed, frankenlift, and stuff.
    My "Bucket" Build
    MilitaryJeepers.com
    ‚——P--;===±--= <-
    !‚–’¯ƒ¹¶

Comment

you're bound to get some "bowing" because the of the way your coil buckets/brackets are setup. I believe it's nothing out of the ordinary and if I'm wrong someone will chime in.

Comment

ya i have read that i am bound to get some bowing but it is a good amount, enough that i want to do something about it. my rear lower buckets are not level at all so i think if i just level those i should be in decent shape. if i wanted it perfect i would have to move the upper bucket as well.

karma, in terms of my rig its very similar to yours, zj coils in the front with 2 inch wj coil spacers but the rear is stock coils and it is like even with the front because my rear axle brackets are real tall. they will not be shooting out becase i have a pigtail clamp thing that goes all around the pigtail and clamps down hard but i really should get a picture up to show it to you. its only worse for me i think because the lower bucket on my axle was set up at 0 degrees when the pinion is perfectly level so obviously i went and adjusted the axle upward thus tilting the bucket farther back.

if i fix that i should be in good shape i think

Comment

pics?
          "when I'm riding my motorcycle,I'm glad to be alive...when I stop riding my motorcycle,I'm glad to be alive"

Comment

ok guys finally got the pics of my fucked up rear end now that i went about switching tires and my mom found the cf card for the camera. so here's what i have....

let me know what your guys opinions are. basically im going to cut the low bucket off move forward and reweld it but if thats not enough ill have to cut the top bucket and move that one back as well. i also may have to cut some out of the low bucket in order for my new shocks to fit there since they're thicker but once they move forward i think ill be good.

Comment

ok pics not working from facebook. heres the link to my album

http://www.facebook.com/media/set/?s...5962.720470321

Comment

http://s1102.photobucket.com/upload/albums/mackiej10/

^ photobucket link looks like photobucket wants to work for me now. this should be them.

Comment

yeah that's fucked up. You only have like 2 inches till your bumpstops too.
                  1993 XJ sport 3.5" rustys 33" MTZ's armored.
                  1999 sierra
                  1967 M725 Big and Slow
                  -Dan

Comment

your shocks "look" kinda short, maybe get longer ones?

Comment

your coil buckets on the axle are not in the correct position.
                      i moved mine back on the frame side. cut them off and flip them (use the passenger side one on the driver side). i had to notch my x-member to get them far enough back. look at my build thread. i also notched the frame for the shocks
                      "when I'm riding my motorcycle,I'm glad to be alive...when I stop riding my motorcycle,I'm glad to be alive"

Comment

ya first im gonna move the lower buckets and see if the uppers need to be moved as well. also those shocks are stock ones still because the new ones wont fit in there until i move the lower bucket farther forward. so i will have to see how everything pans out once i move the buckets

Comment

outboard the shocks while your at it
                          up to 40% off parts from advance auto parts, buy online and pick up at store for free-click here!
                          eliminator MJ - Sold
                          99 TJ on 36's - Sold 95 ZJ -parted out/scrapped
                          Current Project - 'Family hauler' 2001 XJ

Comment

Working...
                          X