Stupid dealer

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Stupid dealer

I did u joints in my rear axle. However the boot that is on the transfercase and axle that protect the shaft with the splines on it was ripped in half so i threw it out. Went to the dodge dealer today to get a new one and they first said i had to buy a new driveshaft, its not sold as an individual part. I asked them if i could see the parts diagram, And they guy said oh i guess you can when i pointed it out to him. He asked me which transfer case i had so i told him, and then he said "i need to verify that with the vin #" Drove home wrote it down (triple checked that it was right) Then brought it back and he said this is not a jeep vin # its a ford. I explained that i triple checked it before i left and this is the vin number. I went back home took my registration and a picture of my vin # and brought it back. "thats impossible that is a ford vin#" I then said fuck you and walked out.

Do i really need this boot? The transfer case has a seal on it as you know ?

I dont think you really need it unless you plan on takin it in the mud. When ever you do a hackntap they do away with those boots, or another thing you could do is use a shock boot if it's something you really want to have.

Comment

it keeps dirt out and grease into the slip spline of the driveshaft.
      call bradshaw in waterbury. great dealer. or, I have on in the garage and Im in meriden...
      Dan.
      2000 XJ, BJ 60 front, welded, 5.13's, 3 link, ruffstuff heims. D70 rear, detroit, 5.13's, discs. stretched. trail ready beadlocks. 39" Red labels. 4:1 Klune V-drive/D20, PSC full hydro

http://www.facebook.com/people/Dan-M...00000913365979
      www.DMROFFROAD.com

Comment

You don't need one. the older xj's came from the factory without them.
        Jeeps don't get stuck ... they just take a nap when they are tired of being awesome
        93 2DR XJ 8" lift D30/D44 4.56's 35" MTRs IRO Y-link Build:http://sisoffroad.com/forums/showthread.php?t=9658
        Eric

Comment

Originally posted by WickedXJ View Post
          You don't need one. the older xj's came from the factory without them.
          They were also internally lubricated by the T-case. This is why you can remove the driveshaft on a 96+ without fluid going everywhere. That dealer sounds like an idiot, why would you need the VIN to find the transfer case boot? I'd try some local salvage yards.
          -Josh

2000 Jeep Cherokee 2" lift, 30x9.5 General Grabber AT2

Comment

Working...
          X