drive shaft

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• drive shaft

well i put a new yoke spicer u joint new straps everything and my rear drive shaft keeps comin out what could be causeing this and what can be a fix to it everytime i go wheelin it comes out and it gets old after a while when everyone else is wheelin and im not cause my shaft came out it keeps comin out on the rear end sometimes even falls out on the road it sucks any help would be amazing and be thank full

its coming off the axle side? is it a stock rear shaft? if its tightened down it shouldnt just fall out.
    -Caleb

Crawl Daddy Champion 2011

1999 XJ 4 inchs of lift or so, 35s and some other stuff.

Comment

yea the axle side and its tightend down crazy all the time it just keep snaping the bolts i tryed grade 8 bolts to

Comment

so the bolts brake? then the joint pops out with the driveshaft?
        -Caleb

Crawl Daddy Champion 2011

1999 XJ 4 inchs of lift or so, 35s and some other stuff.

Comment

http://www.sisoffroad.com/forums/showthread.php?t=12077

you're allowed to bump old threads. jussayin'
          No worries, I'm not actually back, I'm just reminiscing about the old days.

ForSure Motorsports
          Win or Lose, We Booze.

Vice President of Internal Affairs at Dirty Donny's House of Hookers

Comment

Originally posted by liftedcherokee View Post
            yea the axle side and its tightend down crazy all the time it just keep snaping the bolts i tryed grade 8 bolts to
            you either have a billion horsepower or a god awful pinion angle that is putting the ujoint under some heavy stress.

post some pictures.

ForSure Motorsports
            Win or Lose, We Booze.

Comment

Originally posted by JeepBabiiXJ View Post
              you either have a billion horsepower or a god awful pinion angle that is putting the ujoint under some heavy stress.

post some pictures.
              x2 something aint right here
              "when I'm riding my motorcycle,I'm glad to be alive...when I stop riding my motorcycle,I'm glad to be alive"

Comment

I am willing to bet it's a bad angle

Comment

no i had my buddy look at it and he builds jeeps he said the angle is really good we just ant figure out why its doin it he told me to go buy a yoke wit u bolt straps and try that thats what he runs whats your guys opinion n that

Comment

the "u-bolt style" yoke is better than the "strap style"

Comment

I feel like you possibly have a wrong sized joint? Or maybe your caps are magled?

My jeep hahad that style for years andnever had anissue dropping shafts
                      dirty30

Comment

how is it falling out, it is eating the u-joint , breaking it ? or does it just fall apart but nothing breaks ?.

you made a thread last time for the same thing. gives us some info this time.

either theres something wrong with your yoke, your not using right u-joint/installing properly, bad angle on shaft, possible driveshaft length issue.

which one is it
                        up to 40% off parts from advance auto parts, buy online and pick up at store for free-click here!
                        eliminator MJ - Sold
                        99 TJ on 36's - Sold 95 ZJ -parted out/scrapped
                        Current Project - 'Family hauler' 2001 XJ

Comment

pics or i doesn't happen
                          "when I'm riding my motorcycle,I'm glad to be alive...when I stop riding my motorcycle,I'm glad to be alive"

Comment

ugggghhhhhhhhh why not..............

TAKE IT TO A MOTHER FUCKING MECHANIC.

YOU KNOW SOMEONE THAT HOPEFULLY KNOWS WHAT THEY ARE DOING. DRIVESHAFTS DON'T JUST FALL OUT FOR NO REASON. AND THIS SEEMS TO BE A PRETTY ONGOING PROBLEM.

ForSure Motorsports
                            Win or Lose, We Booze.

Comment

i am a machnic full time and work at a shop also go to school for it and no one can figure out what it is thats why i asked u guys i thought this forum was for help if i kew u were going to tell me take it to a machnic i never woulda joined this forum for help

Comment

Working...
                              X