No announcement yet.

Balencing Beads

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

My whole set-up required a bunch of weights that I invariably trew off either on the trail or on the highway (two of my rims are out of balance as well as my tires). I asked them to do something a little more permanent the last time I took it to the tire shop, and they tossed two bags of some white powder in each tire and said "There, done". The guy told me that the bags break open while driving and the powder distributes itself around the inside of the tire. All I know is that I have not had a single issue with balance since then, smooth driving all the time now.
    Shane "The Bag" Carlson

2.5L TJ, 5-speed, frankenlift, and stuff.
    My "Bucket" Build
    MilitaryJeepers.com
    ‚——P--;===±--= <-
    !‚–’¯ƒ¹¶

Comment

Originally posted by bucketokarma View Post
      My whole set-up required a bunch of weights that I invariably trew off either on the trail or on the highway (two of my rims are out of balance as well as my tires). I asked them to do something a little more permanent the last time I took it to the tire shop, and they tossed two bags of some white powder in each tire and said "There, done". The guy told me that the bags break open while driving and the powder distributes itself around the inside of the tire. All I know is that I have not had a single issue with balance since then, smooth driving all the time now.
      that is Equal
      up to 40% off parts from advance auto parts, buy online and pick up at store for free-click here!
      eliminator MJ - Sold
      99 TJ on 36's - Sold 95 ZJ -parted out/scrapped
      Current Project - 'Family hauler' 2001 XJ

Comment

and just for reference, tsl will never balance out to good

I ran bb's and still required like 6oz steel weight to get them semi round for road use

Equal sure looks better then a bunch of steel weights on the outside also
        up to 40% off parts from advance auto parts, buy online and pick up at store for free-click here!
        eliminator MJ - Sold
        99 TJ on 36's - Sold 95 ZJ -parted out/scrapped
        Current Project - 'Family hauler' 2001 XJ

Comment

I feel like there is a certain speed where the airsoft bb's have no effect, but I don't really know.
          1993 XJ sport 3.5" rustys 33" MTZ's armored.
          1999 sierra
          1967 M725 Big and Slow
          -Dan

Comment

Originally posted by wannabejeep View Post
            I feel like there is a certain speed where the airsoft bb's have no effect, but I don't really know.
            i hear under 30mph
            I drive a Datsun

Comment

works great until they clump and you have a 14oz ball flyin around in the tire....

Comment

Working...
              X