Bronco 2 on jeep axles

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Bronco 2 on jeep axles

so my friend drove 5 hrs to NY the other day to grab a bronco 2. He bought it from some white supremacist guy who used it as a mud truck (so he says).

It's on 40 inch TSL's on 4.10 geared d30 and d35 It also is leaves all around with I'd guess a 3 inch BL and a 6 inch spring lift. It's tall as fuck. It also has a carbed 302.

I feel bad for my friend because he bought this thing without really knowing what he was getting into for the most part. Give him a dirtcycle motor and he'll work magic but when it comes to axles and what not he's relatively uninformed.

My advice to him was to ditch the 40's and run the 33 inch TSL's he has on his other fullsize bronc instead and lose the BL. As soon as possible he should grab an 8.8 (cheapish 4.10 gears significanty stronger than the 35) I figure that way it'd be "somewhat streetable" until he has the cash for 44's or 60's.

Any other ideas? I'm fairly certain a 302 will blow that d35 to pieces with 33's, I know it will enter it into orbit on 40's. Sorry for the essay, any advice would be great.
    1993 XJ sport 3.5" rustys 33" MTZ's armored.
    1999 sierra
    1967 M725 Big and Slow
    -Dan

pics?
    Bent Fab Evo4 Rockwell Buggy
    2011 Silverado 6.2L LT
    2009 Pontiac G8 GT
    2004 Z1000
    1999 TJ

Comment

just like u said: scrap d35, smaller tires, loose the body lift.
      No worries, I'm not actually back, I'm just reminiscing about the old days.

ForSure Motorsports
      Win or Lose, We Booze.

Vice President of Internal Affairs at Dirty Donny's House of Hookers

Comment

my 85 ranger in highschool had a similar setup with a 302/C4/dana300, hp44/9.
        truck was the balls, if I find some pics with the 36's on it I'll post them up!

Comment

my bad, the tires are 40x17x15 gumbo monster mudders. I'll get some pics soon. It's pretty crazy lol
          1999 sierra
          1967 M725 Big and Slow
          -Dan

Comment

Holy Fawk! I agree with grabbing and 8.8 and replacing it, and taking off the bl
            -Caleb

Crawl Daddy Champion 2011

1999 XJ 4 inchs of lift or so, 35s and some other stuff.

Comment

For the record that bronco next to it has 33's on it, and was flopped on the highway on the way to Unadilla lol. Also the gangster lean is due to a flat rear tire

1999 sierra
              1967 M725 Big and Slow
              -Dan

Comment

it looks like it has potential. lower it, smaller tires, better drive train, fix it up. Sounds like a diffrent and fun project
                -Caleb

Crawl Daddy Champion 2011

1999 XJ 4 inchs of lift or so, 35s and some other stuff.

Comment

yeah it's not going to be a rock crawler, it'll just get wheeled every now and then. When they asked the guy why he switched the FI'd 302 to carbed he said,
                  "it sounded raspier with the carb". The interior is caked in mud, there's a huge hole in the tranny tunnel after the 302 swap.
                  1999 sierra
                  1967 M725 Big and Slow
                  -Dan

Comment

The sad thing is those jeep axles are much stronger than what came in those turds

But I do love the rear stretch
                    dirty30

Comment

Those are some nasty ass tires! Holy wide!
                      -Tim

Comment

Yeah the pictures don't do it justice. I need to stand on something to work under the hood. For those of you who know me, you know that means it's wayy too tall.
                        1999 sierra
                        1967 M725 Big and Slow
                        -Dan

Comment

Originally posted by Hydra View Post
                          The sad thing is those jeep axles are much stronger than what came in those turds

But I do love the rear stretch
                          Didnt this come with a Ford 8.8 in the rear and a TTB dana 35 in the front?

Ford 8.8 weaker than dana 35?

Correction: Ford 7.5 in the rear. dana 35 in the front only in 1990 otherwise a dana 28 haha i had this
                          Last edited by Customjob; 04-03-2011, 08:50 AM.
                          2 Broncos are better than 1

Comment

those tires look like grandprix's if they are those tires ride like asshole..

Comment

GUMBO MONSTER MUDDERS... official redneck tire of this country. now thats a good tire

97 TJ that I think is pretty neat.

Comment

Working...
                              X