aussie installe?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• aussie installe?

I just looked, and Aussie has their 8.25 29spl lockers back in stock.

So I have a few questions.
    Do you have to take the carrier out when installing it, I have read/seen conflicting info?

Also, if you remove the carrier does it mess with any the the gears alignment and such?

thanks

You do not have to. Just replacin the spiders
    P8R

2012 Honda Accord - For DD/MPG Porpoises - Cooper Tire: Count on Cooper
    2014 Granite Crystal WK2 Limited - Nitto Tire: Fueled by Enthusiasts

Poontang Pro 300EX 42" - For lawn porpoises
    OG KOT #4736 Semper Sky Rock Racing/Standardbred Racing Designs 15.5 HP Turbo-Cool Craftsman, 6 Spd w/ crawl box, fat turf treads, Custom paint, and a red onzie

Comment

Thanks, I read somewhere that the ring gear prevents you from taking out 2 of the spiders. Anyway I just ordered one.

Comment

Good choice. Aussie's are great and are breeze to install, just make sure they send you the right one with the slots to get the c-clips back in.
        P8R

2012 Honda Accord - For DD/MPG Porpoises - Cooper Tire: Count on Cooper
        2014 Granite Crystal WK2 Limited - Nitto Tire: Fueled by Enthusiasts

Poontang Pro 300EX 42" - For lawn porpoises
        OG KOT #4736 Semper Sky Rock Racing/Standardbred Racing Designs 15.5 HP Turbo-Cool Craftsman, 6 Spd w/ crawl box, fat turf treads, Custom paint, and a red onzie

Comment

Aussies are great but if you have over 3.55 gears you may need to take the carrier out as the ring gear is so tall that it will not allow the centering pin to slide past the teeth. I am not familiar with 29 splines so this could not be the case with them but I know this is the case with all Dana axles. I have hears that getting those c-clips out/in are a bitch on that axle.
          Jeeps don't get stuck ... they just take a nap when they are tired of being awesome
          93 2DR XJ 8" lift D30/D44 4.56's 35" MTRs IRO Y-link Build:http://sisoffroad.com/forums/showthread.php?t=9658
          Eric

Comment

Originally posted by Pedro View Post
            Good choice. Aussie's are great and are breeze to install, just make sure they send you the right one with the slots to get the c-clips back in.
            yes, make sure it has a groove cut in one of the gears.
            I believe it would be counterproductive to remove the carrier unless you absolutely have to. with 3.55 you definitely do not, or if you clearanced your ring gear when installing gears to clear the center pin.
            Dan.
            2000 XJ, BJ 60 front, welded, 5.13's, 3 link, ruffstuff heims. D70 rear, detroit, 5.13's, discs. stretched. trail ready beadlocks. 39" Red labels. 4:1 Klune V-drive/D20, PSC full hydro

http://www.facebook.com/people/Dan-M...00000913365979
            www.DMROFFROAD.com

Comment

Well, good I have 3.55's and will make sure it has the c-clip slot.

Comment

Working...
              X