Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• locker selection

guys,

for my upgrade/project this summer i want to do some more locker upgrades. thing is, i dont know which direction i want to take with it in the slightest yet.

my rig now has a new 8.8 open with a minispool that i used for a few weeks then pulled it when i went to college for my dad to drive it since he doesn't want/need a spool.

so here are my thoughts, i like being locked, it's awesome. spool doesn't bother me but i know its gonna kill my tires and bearings to drive with it all summer. so i want to switch to something else.

i really like the ox because it is without a doubt BADASS. it's strong as hell and simple, i like. now i've been reading reviews of people having issues witht hem online for various reasons of engagement/disengagement. there's my dilemma there.

because of this i looked into eaton as a second option, arb is just too much money for me despite theyre great systems. eaton also had its issues with engagement here and there.

i did really want to get selectables ultimately but is it really going to be worth it for me to jump through all these potential hoops and extra money when i could get cheap simple and strong aussies and be done with it.

opinions please. need to decide at some point.
    Hack Shack Racing #4632 Jeep TJ

I would just throw an Aussie in it. It is still plenty strong being on 31's and you wont kill your tires
    P8R

2012 Honda Accord - For DD/MPG Porpoises - Cooper Tire: Count on Cooper
    2014 Granite Crystal WK2 Limited - Nitto Tire: Fueled by Enthusiasts

Poontang Pro 300EX 42" - For lawn porpoises
    OG KOT #4736 Semper Sky Rock Racing/Standardbred Racing Designs 15.5 HP Turbo-Cool Craftsman, 6 Spd w/ crawl box, fat turf treads, Custom paint, and a red onzie

Comment

i know plenty of people personally who have zero issues with thier ox lockers. and engagement/disengagement.

i would go as far to say the people who do have issues, don't spend the time to adjust the cable properly.
      www.eatsleepexp.wordpress.com

Comment

i know an aussie would be plenty strong now, i plan on going 33s ultimately and want to do the selectability.

and yes i have heard of many happy ox owners as well. that may be what i end up doing. they just seem the best to me.
        Hack Shack Racing #4632 Jeep TJ

Comment

I know 2 people with ox lockers and both of them malfunctioned and they hate them. I'd do an ARB, its completely worth it, i have never heard a bad thing about them..... other than they cost alot.

but then again, like sam said, some people never have an issue with them.

I run a detroit in the rear and i love it, awesome on the road and i have never had a problem with it.

I want to do ARB front and a Detroit rear on my next rig.... pretty much an excellent and extremely reliable combo.
          No worries, I'm not actually back, I'm just reminiscing about the old days.

ForSure Motorsports
          Win or Lose, We Booze.

Vice President of Internal Affairs at Dirty Donny's House of Hookers

Comment

Originally posted by JeepBabiiXJ View Post

I run a detroit in the rear and i love it, awesome on the road and i have never had a problem with it.

Same here. No complaints whatsoever, its completely invisible to me.

With that said, I would OX my front end I think if I wanted to lock it. OX and ARB are probably equal as far as complaints and praise...its all in how you set it up
            - Will

Originally posted by fizzy
            or am asians pants not a read end lol.
            Originally posted by DizzDizz
            aliens probed my husband

Comment

I finally gave in an ordered an Aussie for my rear axle today. But I have never heard any issues with ox lockers however I have talked to a guy with an off road fleet, of which 5 are ARB air locked in at least one axle. I asked him if I could try turning the locker on while I was in one of the vehicles with dual ARB air lockers. His response "oh they don't work" so I asked if I could try driving another one in the fleet with selectable lockers and his response was "oh none of them work". I asked him if the Aussie locked turbo diesel rig was working and his response "that locker refuses to break" I don't know but that is what did it for me.
              Jeeps don't get stuck ... they just take a nap when they are tired of being awesome
              93 2DR XJ 8" lift D30/D44 4.56's 35" MTRs IRO Y-link Build:http://sisoffroad.com/forums/showthread.php?t=9658
              Eric

Comment

Doesnt sound like much of an offroad fleet...

id go simple and cheap, but then again im not one for fancy stuffs

but if i was to lock my 30 arb/ox are the best choices, all depends on whether you wanna adjust a cable or run air lines and a compressor
                dirty30

Comment

my uncles TJ has OX's front and rear and they're haven't had any issues and are super beefy!

Comment

Working...
                  X