Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

exhaust manifold and front pipe to cat...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• exhaust manifold and front pipe to cat...

I'm looking to replace my manifold and front pipe. I was wondering if anyone had some tech suggestions as I have heard that if I make too feeflowing, I'll gain high-end hp, but lose my low end torque. I was looking at the banks torque-tubes and then just finding a front pipe since nothing says I need a special pipe to match the banks manifold... Just wondering what ya'll think. Should I just try replacing with stock parts, or would the difference in power be too negligible to concern me?
    Shane "The Bag" Carlson

2.5L TJ, 5-speed, frankenlift, and stuff.
    My "Bucket" Build
    MilitaryJeepers.com
    ‚——P--;===±--= <-
    !‚–’¯ƒ¹¶

IMO you should look into an APN if not just go with stock.

Comment

I don't think it is too much of a difference, I just looked under my jeep and my down tube is easily dented at least half way and still didn't notice any power loss. Also think that 2.5 and 4 liter have the same size down pipe

Comment

Thanks... going to replace both items next week hopefully that solves the problem of my losing sanity due to all the noise when it's under load...
        Shane "The Bag" Carlson

My "Bucket" Build
        MilitaryJeepers.com
        ‚——P--;===±--= <-
        !‚–’¯ƒ¹¶

Comment

i installed rugged ridge headers which has larger tubes than the stock manifold but there is hardly any difference if any on my TJ. They are not the long tube header though and its connected to the stock downpipe also.
          01 tj

Comment

ruggedridge is eccentially the same as an APN only APN is cheaper in price as far as I have seen.
            Last edited by clean4drxj; 03-17-2011, 09:21 AM.

Comment

I feel like they are all dented. And btw if you decide to sell or get rid of your stock downpipe I would love to have it. Mine leaks like a bitch because the clamp flange thingy at the top is rotted out on one side so it is being held in by one bolt.
              P8R

2012 Honda Accord - For DD/MPG Porpoises - Cooper Tire: Count on Cooper
              2014 Granite Crystal WK2 Limited - Nitto Tire: Fueled by Enthusiasts

Poontang Pro 300EX 42" - For lawn porpoises
              OG KOT #4736 Semper Sky Rock Racing/Standardbred Racing Designs 15.5 HP Turbo-Cool Craftsman, 6 Spd w/ crawl box, fat turf treads, Custom paint, and a red onzie

Comment

I didnt end up doing the downpipe. Just the headers.
                Shane "The Bag" Carlson

My "Bucket" Build
                MilitaryJeepers.com
                ‚——P--;===±--= <-
                !‚–’¯ƒ¹¶

Comment

Working...
                X