tj no clutch

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• tj no clutch

My tjs clutch isn't working started it up today and noticed i had to slam my shifter for it to go into gear got to school drove about three more miles turned it off thrn when you start it i have just enough clutch for the safty switch not to trip, put a new clutch and thorw out bearing in it over the summer just need some guiesses to start off thanks
    2000 xj 4.5 clayton longarms with wontons with a touch of
    97' zj
    2012 surbra imperza DD
    im a motivation machine like the hammer and sickle in communism

slave cylinder out of line/not making contact to the plate?
    Watch your backhoe, I'm the John Deere man.

Comment

I looked at it via handy dandy hole in my floor and the bolts are tight and when i push the cultch in it doesnt fell like its moving
      maybr theres no fuild?
      97' zj
      2012 surbra imperza DD

Comment

you're not using enough gas!!!!!

actually idk dude, not too handy when it comes to clutches/standard tranny's
        No worries, I'm not actually back, I'm just reminiscing about the old days.

ForSure Motorsports
        Win or Lose, We Booze.

Vice President of Internal Affairs at Dirty Donny's House of Hookers

Comment

check fluid level first, check for leaks
          up to 40% off parts from advance auto parts, buy online and pick up at store for free-click here!
          eliminator MJ - Sold
          99 TJ on 36's - Sold 95 ZJ -parted out/scrapped
          Current Project - 'Family hauler' 2001 XJ

Comment

Originally posted by 1cleantj View Post
            check fluid level first, check for leaks
            x2 went threw the same thing last year in my roommates jeep. had to replace the slave though
            "when I'm riding my motorcycle,I'm glad to be alive...when I stop riding my motorcycle,I'm glad to be alive"

Comment

yeah if its making contact to the plate, or at least seems like its ok then theres gotta be a leak. i just went through this on my buddys trans am. we dropped a 350 in it and he somehow busted up the clutch master cylinder in the process and we bled it like 3-4 times before figuring out it had a leak that we couldnt even see. i would have someone get in the seat and push the clutch in and out while you check around the components. also before you do this, make sure theres fluid in it to begin with lol. if theres no fluid in it, theres no leak
              Watch your backhoe, I'm the John Deere man.

Comment

Okay took the plunger part out of the bell houseing and this a whole in the rubber boot thats around the rod think that could be the problem idk much about it first time ive worked on something like this
                97' zj
                2012 surbra imperza DD

Comment

got a new slave put it in and after an hour of bleeding it its still not working no leaks so im going to replace the master
                  p.s. how long should i need to bleed it im pumping the pedal holding it down and then undoing the bled bolt for a couple seconds and then doing it all over again
                  97' zj
                  2012 surbra imperza DD

Comment

has it been sitting? clutch could be frozen

Comment

No it hasnt been sitting going to replace the master cylinder tommorow and if that doesnt work im gonna take a bfh to it
                      97' zj
                      2012 surbra imperza DD

Comment

Originally posted by hoggie101 View Post
                        No it hasnt been sitting going to replace the master cylinder tommorow and if that doesnt work im gonna take a bfh to it
                        a new MC should cure it...

Comment

On my YJ, I had similar problems. One way to diagnose if it is hydraulic or mechanical is to pump the clutch pedal. If you can regain clutch action by doing so it is a problem with your hydraulics for sure.

I guess you already changed the slave. When mine started acting up, I diagnosed a problem with hydraulics as mentioned above, but I wasn't sure if it was the slave or master. Due to the intermitancy of my problem, I was guessing fluid was leaking by in the master cylinder piston (I didn't see any leaks). I looked at Rock Auto and found they sold a complete clutch hydraulics kit which included the clutch master, line, and slave pre-assembled and bled, just bolt and go. When I finally took everything apart, I noticed some fluid at the back of the master (where it bolts to the firewall) so I am guessing that is what the problem was.

My own personal experience with a similar problem, hope that helps. Good luck
                          1950 Willys Trail Rig
                          2007.5 Dodge 2500 QCSB 6.7 Cummins 68RFE 4x4

Comment

Put in new mc and works awsone now wheeled a little yestreday and the cultch is right at the top
                            97' zj
                            2012 surbra imperza DD

Comment

Working...
                            X