• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by WAD357 View Post
    X2 on buying the good gaskets..
    Fel-Pro Perma-dry!

Originally posted by WAD357 View Post
    Also Id bet the orings are shot on your oil filter adapter which can be a PITA to get off... Its a 4.0 its probably going to keep leaking no matter what you do...
    Yes sir... the o-ring set is like 5-8 bucks at the dealership and you need a t-65 torx bit. NOT A SOCKET!!! a socket will not fit inbetween the bolt and the framerail with a ratchet wrench.
    2013 F150 fx4 (Tow Pig/DD)
    • 5.0 with the 3.73 option

2003 TJ Rubicon
    • 4.0/42rle/np241or
    • 5.13's
    • 3" Savvy/Currie suspension with acos
    • 33” BFG KO2s

Comment

common issues.. vavle cover gasket, oilfilter adapter(fixed), rear main/oil pan. the problem with the vavle cover gasket is that it's rubber and it hardens over time/heat so next time around I'm going with cork. As for the rearmain seal... I'm not sure what I'm going to do and at this time it's not terrible but I hate leaks!

Comment

Originally posted by SupermanIce-J View Post
        Fel-Pro Perma-dry!

Yes sir... the o-ring set is like 5-8 bucks at the dealership and you need a t-65 torx bit. NOT A SOCKET!!! a socket will not fit inbetween the bolt and the framerail with a ratchet wrench.
        YJ's dont have an oil filter adapter

Comment

Originally posted by H8PVMT View Post
          it's a bitch to get right but usually people don't torque down the two rear bolts on the valve cover and it will seep out there making you think it's a rear main seal
          Yea, it looks like that may be happening

Originally posted by customcreationsllc View Post
          If it is leaking that much then it should be easy to figure out where it is coming from.

If you are doing an oil pan gasket do the rear main at the same time, only an extra 15min from there.

But I don't understand why couldn't find the leak? Brake clean air hose clean it off and drive it. Could be more than one spot.

Also check the PCV vent is not clogged. just blow air through it you will brake it if you try to take it off.

And buy the good gaskets not the stupid cork ones they never last
          Well I forgot to say, I change the oil every 4-5k, I check it sometimes, but have not really tried to find any leaks. I just noticed it was very "moist" this last oil change, definately more than one leak so I figure I would try to hit all the trouble spots I can, nothing seems too hard to get at. Thanks for the input
          1950 Willys Trail Rig
          2007.5 Dodge 2500 QCSB 6.7 Cummins 68RFE 4x4

Comment

Originally posted by SupermanIce-J View Post
            Fel-Pro Perma-dry!

My renix had a regualr Hex head
            89XJ Pioneer Edition 3.5" 33s ravines 4:10s 8.8- parted but not forgotten
            95XJ tons 3 link 36s 5:38s
            97 F-250HD 7.3 Turbo Diesel
            If Parts Ain't Flyin' you Ain't Tryin'

"Shut up and Wheel"

Comment

Working...
            X