more lift... opinions..

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• more lift... opinions..

I have a 4.5 lift right now and want a little more. I was thinking getting front coil spacers and shackles for the rear. any suggestions on what would be best? and would there be anything else to upgrade when doing this, other than the brake line....
    1994 ZJ- sold
    1998 XJ-sold
    2011 F-150 ecoboost- daily
    1994 ZJ- 5.5 lift blah blah blah

- Mike

what're you looking to gain with the added lift? (other than obviously just more height, lol)
    - Will

Originally posted by fizzy
    or am asians pants not a read end lol.
    Originally posted by DizzDizz
    aliens probed my husband

Comment

What size tires do you want to run?
      sigpic
      Official Space Shuttle Door Gunner of the Chechnyan Space Program

Comment

I'm looking to go around 5.5 to 6'', Kinda of looking for a softer/smoother ride also. I am goin to stick with the 33x12.5 tires..
        1994 ZJ- sold
        1998 XJ-sold
        2011 F-150 ecoboost- daily
        1994 ZJ- 5.5 lift blah blah blah

- Mike

Comment

nothin wrong with a pair of coil spacers and boomerang shackles
          - Will

aliens probed my husband

Comment

if you dont already have one, be prepared to get an adjustable trac bar for that lift height. you may not need one, who knows. when i went from 4" to 5" on my last rig i had all sorts of new problems, needing an adjustable trac bar was one of them. drop pitman arm might be useful as well. like i said i dont know what you have or dont have, but these things can all be useless if you change your height and nothing happens, or very useful if you change your height and have bad angles and death wobble and driveline vibes. just to name a few things also, longarms might be a good thing to look into also. i had them on my 5" kit and it was a much better ride then when i was short armed with that much lift.
            Watch your backhoe, I'm the John Deere man.

Comment

anything over 4 inch its worth it to get longarms especially if you dont have a good pair of
              control arms.

Comment

Originally posted by clean4drxj View Post
                anything over 4 inch its worth it to get longarms especially if you dont have a good pair of
                control arms.
                shortarms suck with 6.5" the thing flexes like my mustang lol. definitely need longarms to get the most out of it, just way too much control arm angle. if you do go up, get longer shackles and make sure the angle is right so it rides well. Honestly Ive debated trading my 6.5 springs for 4.5 stuff.
                Dan.
                2000 XJ, BJ 60 front, welded, 5.13's, 3 link, ruffstuff heims. D70 rear, detroit, 5.13's, discs. stretched. trail ready beadlocks. 39" Red labels. 4:1 Klune V-drive/D20, PSC full hydro

http://www.facebook.com/people/Dan-M...00000913365979
                www.DMROFFROAD.com

Comment

unless youre looking for more uptravel, or just generally more height at the belly, then higher lifts tend to create more negatives than positives.
                  - Will

aliens probed my husband

Comment

Originally posted by ct67_72 View Post
                    shortarms suck with 6.5" the thing flexes like my mustang lol. definitely need longarms to get the most out of it, just way too much control arm angle. if you do go up, get longer shackles and make sure the angle is right so it rides well. Honestly Ive debated trading my 6.5 springs for 4.5 stuff.
                    thats a because you have crustys arms correct? I ran those till I had the money for my longarms.

Comment

Working...
                    X