tj dana 35 swap out for D44

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• tj dana 35 swap out for D44

Hi i have a d35 rear axle and want to change my front and rear axles with the dana 44. I have abs brakes and read somewhere that the dana 44's do not come with abs. people have said to disconnect the abs system but how would you do this so a light doesn't come on your dash after. Has any one done a swap out . any information would be great.

Thanks
    01 tj

I have a tj with a tj44 rear and a waggy front, no abs stuff hooked up, no abs light
    "when I'm riding my motorcycle,I'm glad to be alive...when I stop riding my motorcycle,I'm glad to be alive"

Comment

pull the bulb.
      "Watching you work on your Jeep is like watching a doctor operate on a cadaver...
      It may be good practice, but in the end it won't do much good." -My Mother.

Comment

Originally posted by HitItWithSomeSpeed View Post
        pull the bulb.
        i think pulling the abs fuse and relay will do the same.... iirc
        "when I'm riding my motorcycle,I'm glad to be alive...when I stop riding my motorcycle,I'm glad to be alive"

Comment

yea pulling the bulb is aways a last resort lol Does anyone know any good junk yards that would have a set of axles. in decent condition?
          01 tj

Comment

Originally posted by ErikVilla View Post
            yea pulling the bulb is aways a last resort lol Does anyone know any good junk yards that would have a set of axles. in decent condition?
            good luck finding a TJ d44. Use car-part.com to search local junk yards.

If you go down to Smiths jeep in Franklin, CT they always have sets of Waggys.

Comment

I have an Empty TJ D44 housing. I would be willing to part with for $100 and your D35.

The tubes were leaking so the housing was warrantied I would just weld the tube to the housing they never moved at all.

I have some parts too like a Detroit stuck locked and a 4.88 gear set.

I just us the housing as a reference jig when I weld on new mounts, so as long as yours isn't bent.

If you want the ultimate axle it wouldn't be much more to build a custom D60 for the rear over a completely built smaller axle.
              I can easily help you with the axle.

~Justin
              RCrocs #123 Brown CJ-5
              www.offroadcustomcreations.com

Sponsors:
              Corbeau, Tom Wood, PSC, Polyperformance, Inner Air Lock, Miller Welds, Heavymetal Concepts

Comment

I was going to get waggy 44's but wound up just getting an MJ 44 but I was in touch with a guy in R.I. who sells 44's shoot him an e-mail at alljeepparts@yahoo.com and he might be able to get you something.
                Jeeps don't get stuck ... they just take a nap when they are tired of being awesome
                93 2DR XJ 8" lift D30/D44 4.56's 35" MTRs IRO Y-link Build:http://sisoffroad.com/forums/showthread.php?t=9658
                Eric

Comment

Originally posted by WickedXJ View Post
                  I was going to get waggy 44's but wound up just getting an MJ 44 but I was in touch with a guy in R.I. who sells 44's shoot him an e-mail at alljeepparts@yahoo.com and he might be able to get you something.
                  Thanks I actually emailed him once already. ill talk to him again.Im just looking for a 44 rear off a tj and then a front axle with same gear ratio so i can just bolt it it. I only wheel my jeep once in awhile mainly everyday road use driving to work. im running 32x 11.50s rite now with a 4'' lift and just want something a little stronger than the D35 for now and definitely can use the upgrade in gear ratio its surprising the difference in pick up just switching from a 31x 10.50'' tire to a 32x11.50
                  01 tj

Comment

Find an XJ high pinion Dana 30, just as strong at a 44 with 32 inch tires. For the rear its gonna be tough to find a bolt in 44 but they are out there.

Comment

I actually decided to go with the 8.8 Rear swap. I just gotta get it all done i want to have my jeep ready for the summer so I can make a few trips to Raush Creek This year.
                      01 tj

Comment

Finding tj 44s is almost impossible. Just run the 8.8 and a hpd30. More than enough for 32s
                        Hench

ATM anyone?

Comment

Working...
                        X