Gear Instal??

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Gear Instal??

I got the "OK" to get a few new things for my jeep. One of those things are new gears.

I don't need advice on how I shouldn't build my D35, I don't plan on running it long since I'm leaving in about 2 months, and when I get back, I'm selling the rear axle anyway, but keeping the new front axle.

I got the go-ahead from the united bank of Nica to get 4.88 gears, Both master instal kits, a HP D30, a SELECTABLE front locker, Superior D35 shafts, and a V8 ZJ tie rod before I leave.

I can do or figure out most of the instal work. The gears however, I don't want to fuck with. I have one final "Big" wheeling run that I set up (CampMJ.com), before I leave for deployment, and I am trying like Hell to get all this stuff done before then. My problem is this; I don't have any "extra" money to pay a shop to do the gears, and if it comes down to the wire, I might end up trying to do them myself, and I'm almost certain that I'll mess it all up

Can someone that knows what they are doing, PLEASE help me with at least the gears If so I can most likely toss some cash your way, and some favors/ items down the road.
    Last edited by bucketokarma; 03-16-2009, 06:42 PM.
    Shane "The Bag" Carlson

2.5L TJ, 5-speed, frankenlift, and stuff.
    My "Bucket" Build
    MilitaryJeepers.com
    ‚——P--;===±--= <-
    !‚–’¯ƒ¹¶

I have an idea, pardon me for being brash.

Why why why why why why the FUCK ARE YOU PUTTING MONEY, ESPECIALLY GEARS, INTO A GODDAMN DANA 35??
    sigpic
    Official Space Shuttle Door Gunner of the Chechnyan Space Program

Comment

Carlton!!?? WTF?? Why would you spend all that money on the rear when you are leaving in 2 months and plan on selling it when you get back?? Seems like a massive waste of money to me. You are better off trying to find a Rubi 44 rear that someone is selling.....
      - 99TJ 4.0 4.5 RE springs, Clayton 5in LA stretch, GenRight Armor, 35x12.50 bfg mt, currie hp9 rear w/ 35 spline detroit, hp44 w/ arb and 4340 axles, k/n fipk, banks headers, warn xd9000i

Comment

Originally posted by Beerman View Post
        Carlton!!?? WTF?? Why would you spend all that money on the rear when you are leaving in 2 months and plan on selling it when you get back?? Seems like a massive waste of money to me. You are better off trying to find a Rubi 44 rear that someone is selling.....
        I'm going to big ol' x2 this one. I agree with phil about the d35 but i won't rant about that.

What i don't understand is why are you blowing money if you are leaving directly afterwards, then selling once you get back? It seems like you are blowing all this money on 1 run that you want to make.

It also would be a different story if it wasn't a d35. You could sell a chrys. 8.25 or a d44 with chromos anyday of the week and make close to the money you spent. But you are gonna have a tough time getting your money back trying to sell a 35. You will end up taking a big loss on this one.

Comment

dude, dont waste your money. your leavin in 2 months, your not going to be driving the jeep, why spend money to just have it sit there. wheel it for a little bit as it, wait till you get back and do the 88 and regear then. We all do not want to see you throw your money away and you pretty much will be. You will never get half of your money back with a geared d35.

Comment

Shane if you put money into your dana corporation 35 axle I will smother you with my sexy stare...
            Scroll down for a taste of what may come.

Comment

Shane Shane Shane don;t waste your time and money save it for the LJ plans
              1991 YJ, 1 tons, locked, lots o armor, stretched, cage

Comment

dude, putting brakes on a dana35 is a waste of money nevermind gears and shafts
                www.eatsleepexp.wordpress.com

Comment

waste of money shane. just wheel it as it is now and put the money towards an 8.8 or a 44 when you get back. no sense beefing up a 35 for one wheeling trip when you are just gonna sell it anyway. no one is gonna wanna buy a 35 anyway even with the shafts and gears, and if they do its not gonna be for much money
                  P8R

2012 Honda Accord - For DD/MPG Porpoises - Cooper Tire: Count on Cooper
                  2014 Granite Crystal WK2 Limited - Nitto Tire: Fueled by Enthusiasts

Poontang Pro 300EX 42" - For lawn porpoises
                  OG KOT #4736 Semper Sky Rock Racing/Standardbred Racing Designs 15.5 HP Turbo-Cool Craftsman, 6 Spd w/ crawl box, fat turf treads, Custom paint, and a red onzie

Comment

sounds like a good plan to me
                    "when I'm riding my motorcycle,I'm glad to be alive...when I stop riding my motorcycle,I'm glad to be alive"

Comment

you will get nowhere close to your investment back
                      www.eatsleepexp.wordpress.com

Comment

This isn't about going to a 60, or an 80 or a fucking D135 or a set of Rockwells.

Shane, you stated you are gonna buy a Rubicon or a 4.0 Wrangler when you get back from deployment, so why even spend money on your current jeep. Why even think about upgrading the D35? Even if you put those crazy cool shafts in, you still have a shitty ring gear.
                        sigpic
                        Official Space Shuttle Door Gunner of the Chechnyan Space Program

Comment

Don't waste money on something you just wanna get rid of, especially a Dana Mk 35
                          dirty30

Comment

Working...
                          X