batteries

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• batteries

I need a new battery. I had a optima redtop in my yj and liked it, but what u guys recommend
    Dizz dizz go sleep sleep

Driver 4677 FSM vehicle

I have a redtop optima in my XJ almost 5 years and it's been great with no issues, if I was going to buy another it would be the yellowtop.

Comment

i have a yellow top and have no issues

97 TJ that I think is pretty neat.

Comment

Yellow top.
        2000 XJ: "The Black Jeep"
        MK2 Jetta > M3
        Chairman of the Chechnyan Space Program

Comment

i have the ghetto version of a redtop..... its even the same part no. (34/78r) just 80 bucks cheaper and made by advance, its not gel but its still got 800 CCA and a 3 yr free replacement warranty.

depends on how much accessories you are running that need power, if you got a winch.... deff go with a yellow top.
          No worries, I'm not actually back, I'm just reminiscing about the old days.

ForSure Motorsports
          Win or Lose, We Booze.

Vice President of Internal Affairs at Dirty Donny's House of Hookers

Comment

Napa Power 75, and I will tell you why

To start with they are 1/3 the price of an Optima, so if you are super worried about it you can get a spare amd still spend less than one Optima. Second, they have a 75 month warranty, I think it is 12 or 18 months free replacement and its prorated after that... I don't think Optima can touch that. And you can exchange them at any napa from what I understand. Third, from personal experience they hold up a lot better to being on their side, drained and recharged, and alltogether neglected, than Optima would like you to believe. The one in my trail jeep has been on its side 4 times, rattled around in a cheesey boat battery box all the time, drained at least a half a dozen times and recharged and/or jumped, is always outside in said cheesy boat battery box, winched out vehicles twice the weight of my jeep until the altenator light came on and/or the power cable was smoking, and more etc...

Yes I am sure there is tougher batteries out there, but do you really need one? Yes, right now the one in my trail jeep dead from leaving the key on one moderately intoxicated night and after one and a half years of beating the piss out of it I'll probably bring it back and just get a new one for $25.

Hopefully you found some insight or at least humor in that... those Napa batteries have worked well for me for a long time. I don't think I am ready to shell out for an Optima quite yet.
            1950 Willys Trail Rig
            2007.5 Dodge 2500 QCSB 6.7 Cummins 68RFE 4x4

Comment

Im a big fan of Sear's higher end platinum battery's. They are the same as oddesey batteries just branded for sears. 4 year free replacement warranty, 8 year prorated. better CCA, better reserve capacity and amp/hour rating.then optima. Still up there in price but pretty hard to beat the warranty and spec's.
              up to 40% off parts from advance auto parts, buy online and pick up at store for free-click here!
              eliminator MJ - Sold
              99 TJ on 36's - Sold 95 ZJ -parted out/scrapped
              Current Project - 'Family hauler' 2001 XJ

Comment

anything made by odyssey... they last
                -Tim

Comment

Originally posted by 1cleantj View Post
                  Im a big fan of Sear's higher end platinum battery's. They are the same as oddesey batteries just branded for sears. 4 year free replacement warranty, 8 year prorated. better CCA, better reserve capacity and amp/hour rating.then optima. Still up there in price but pretty hard to beat the warranty and spec's.
                  x2. i run the biggest one they make in my xj and love it. Probably using another with my dual battery setup.

Comment

i wouldn't spend the money on a yellow top. I had one in my Jeep for less than 2 years and it was completely dead. I just replaced my deka after 3 years which served me fine, but I got the Napa Gold

Comment

Working...
                    X