Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Electrical woes...

got a riddle for youinz...

My rear window defrost is always on when the jeep is on... I can't turn it off.

Also the third brake light is always on when the jeep is on... I can't turn it off.

Also, when I turn off the jeep with my foot on the brake and take out the key, all the power stays on. However, when i let my foot off the brake everything shuts off.
    2013 F150 fx4 (Tow Pig/DD)
    • 5.0 with the 3.73 option

2003 TJ Rubicon
    • 4.0/42rle/np241or
    • 5.13's
    • 3" Savvy/Currie suspension with acos
    • 33” BFG KO2s

Originally posted by Supermanxj View Post
    got a riddle for youinz...

My rear window defrost is always on when the jeep is on... I can't turn it off.

Also the third brake light is always on when the jeep is on... I can't turn it off.

Also, when I turn off the jeep with my foot on the brake and take out the key, all the power stays on. However, when i let my foot off the brake everything shuts off.
    a ghost... that is such freaky shit it has to be a ghost...has your Jeep harmed anyone who is now dead? My guess is there is a ground in the circuits for your hatch after the fuse block and the ignition switch. My Jeep actually does the same thing with the brake except my stuff stays on even after I release the brake. My guess it that you might have a wire or something behind your brake pedal that is rubbing against the rod for the ignition switch (I have seen it before). But again grounding/shorting wires tend to be the cause of a good percent of electrical issues like this.
    Jeeps don't get stuck ... they just take a nap when they are tired of being awesome
    93 2DR XJ 8" lift D30/D44 4.56's 35" MTRs IRO Y-link Build:http://sisoffroad.com/forums/showthread.php?t=9658
    Eric

Comment

Sounds like the switch is stuck in the closed position. This could be caused by the contacts being welded together from a high current draw. What I would do is pull the switch out and check continuity with the switch in both the open and closed position. If you have continuity with the switch in both positions then the contacts are stuck closed
      I don't always drink orange juice, but when I do, I prefer to chew it. #madpulp

Comment

Working...
      X