1990 Dana 35 swap to 8.25

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 1990 Dana 35 swap to 8.25

Hi, i have been wanting to do this swap for a long time, i have been running 33's on my dana 35 and i worry everyday that it will break. So now is the time. What will be a direct bolt up to my jeep, 1990 jeep cherokee 4.0 limited. Thanks guys, i have limited funds so a direct bolt up is necessary.
    Lift: 4.5" RC
    Tires: 33" BFG A/T's
    Misc: Hamerred Tan Paint, Homemade Roof Rack, Bumpers and Half Doors.

yup any 8.25 from any year cherokee will bolt directly to the leaf springs
    I drive a Datsun

Comment

what about the spline counts?

Comment

the splines on the axle shafts have nothing to do with mounting it. if you can, get the 29 spline 8.25 from the 96+ cherokees
        I drive a Datsun

Comment

so the 29 spline will fit in my t case? or will i have to get a new driveshaft?

Comment

keep in mind, i am not very axle friendly, this will be my first ever swap.

Comment

It's super easy dude I did the exact swap a few years ago. I developed some vibration issues afterward but I didn't have a tcase drop or SYE at the time. It may have been unrelated too.
              1993 XJ sport 3.5" rustys 33" MTZ's armored.
              1999 sierra
              1967 M725 Big and Slow
              -Dan

Comment

yea but what would i have to get for a driveshaft?

Comment

nothing. The stock one will work fine.
                  1993 XJ sport 3.5" rustys 33" MTZ's armored.
                  1999 sierra
                  1967 M725 Big and Slow
                  -Dan

Comment

Its easy, u-bolts, driveshaft, brakelines, reverse done
                    dirty30

Comment

thanks for the quick responses guys. I just for some reason seem skeptical about the whole thing. I'm just worried sometyhing is sure to go wrong.

Comment

The acual swapping of the axles will be the easy part, the axle will literally bolt in place. Just make sure whatever axle your using has good brakes. Make sure you have a good set of brakeline tools because you will have to take the drums apart to take the e-brake cables off. The cables, drive shaft, and brake line from the axle will all work.
                        98 Cherokee, D30/8.25 w/4.56s locked F/R -- 3 link front IRO springs rear with shackle relocation, one ton steering w/heims, hybrid cage under contruction, 33'' KM2's

Comment

just about the onlything you'll need is Ubolts for the 8.25, everything else is good!

Comment

i see what you are asking now... the driveshaft is the same, it bolts to the yoke on the axle. this yoke accepts a 1310 u-joint on both the d35 and the 8.25 so you don't have to change out the driveshaft
                            I drive a Datsun

Comment

THankyou all, i think i just found an axle, its a 27 spline. What do you all think about running 33 on it? stock gears of course. I know the pick up is bad, but i run 33s on my d35. How much better is the 29 spline really?

Comment

Working...
                              X