No announcement yet.

exhaust in valve cover

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

because if its a bad valve seal the compression can be down.

Comment

Originally posted by armadasx View Post
      because if its a bad valve seal the compression can be down.
      How would a bad valve seal lower compression?
      2 Broncos are better than 1

Comment

I think the only thing that would harm compression in this case is a bad valve seat. not a valve seal. unless thats what you are talking about

97 TJ that I think is pretty neat.

Comment

Originally posted by CumminsJeep View Post
          I think the only thing that would harm compression in this case is a bad valve seat. not a valve seal. unless thats what you are talking about
          This.

A bad valve seat could cause a loss of compression but would not necessarily let exhaust into the valve cover. With a bad valve seat, you would probably notice the engine doing something. I broke a valve seat once, the car would stall every now and then and then one day a piece of the valve seat wedged the valve open and broke a piston in half.

You could do a compression test to make sure it isnt blow-by due to worn rings. If the compression test is good, it could still be a bad valve seal but i think a bad valve seal would smoke out the exhaust.
          2 Broncos are better than 1

Comment

I completley changed my pcv setup earlier today, i got a ford pcv valve from advance, took out the old line/gromet and i pulled off the vac line that goes from the pcv, to the intake and plugged the intake side of the line. Then i cut the line on the break booster in half, use a vaccum t to connect the two halves together, and then ran a vac line from the 3rd end to the pcv valve. Not sure on how much of a diff it has made yet since i haven't driven the jeep since then.
            God made the world in seven days, on the 7th day, he made the Le Car

Real Jeeps have Unibodys

Comment

blowby?

Comment

Working...
              X