• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I might come up there
    Dizz dizz go sleep sleep

Driver 4677 FSM vehicle

Comment

I talked with Joel from Bilstien about the rebuildability of these and he said that in stock form they are not rebuildable...

In order for them to become rebuildable you have to change the valve guides to the valve guides from a 7100 shock and I think he said you have to change the end caps on the resivoir to the endcaps from a 7100 resi.

Take that FWIW. For the sake of getting it right you might call Joel at bilstien to get the full answer.

2013 F150 fx4 (Tow Pig/DD)
      • 5.0 with the 3.73 option

2003 TJ Rubicon
      • 4.0/42rle/np241or
      • 5.13's
      • 3" Savvy/Currie suspension with acos
      • 33” BFG KO2s

Comment

Originally posted by Supermanxj View Post
        I talked with Joel from Bilstien about the rebuildability of these and he said that in stock form they are not rebuildable...

In order for them to become rebuildable you have to change the valve guides to the valve guides from a 7100 shock and I think he said you have to change the end caps on the resivoir to the endcaps from a 7100 resi.

Take that FWIW. For the sake of getting it right you might call Joel at bilstien to get the full answer.

makes sense. but at that point you are better off buying 7100s IMO.

97 TJ that I think is pretty neat.

Comment

I believe their price is really close to that of a 7100 so i would just go with the 7100's, I had a pair of 7100's and the only thing that i didn't like was the fact that they're nickle plated which is corrosive and for me being that I daily drive mine I can't spend a good mount of cash on something to have it look like shit.

Comment

Bilsteins are zinc plated, which is corrosion resistant.

and IMO, 7100's on a daily driver is a waste of time and money. 5100's or 5150's or more than fine for a weekend wheeler, daily driver application. Buy the valving that's recommended for the weight of your vehicle and go with it.

If you have a custom truck with a user specific weight on each corner and you are going to valve 4 shocks all differently to dial that suspension in perfect. Then 1. why aren't you racing baja? 2. set it up for offroad use, enjoy it on the weekend, then enjoy the terrible on road drive all week while you DD it.

If you're only intention is to go fast offroad with the vehicle, then by all means go for it. But to be honest there are very few places out east where you are going to be able to really work a shock of that caliber. We did high speed for hours and 5150's treated me just fine.

end rant. my opinion on bling shocks. over. lol.
            No worries, I'm not actually back, I'm just reminiscing about the old days.

ForSure Motorsports
            Win or Lose, We Booze.

Vice President of Internal Affairs at Dirty Donny's House of Hookers

Comment

Originally posted by JeepBabiiXJ View Post
              We did high speed for hours and 5150's treated me just fine.
              with long breaks between jaunts*

big ol' factor there
              - Will

Originally posted by fizzy
              or am asians pants not a read end lol.
              Originally posted by DizzDizz
              aliens probed my husband

Comment

Yeaaa also a big difference in high speed out east and out west.

out west when you could run longer than 1/2 miles at a click above 50 mph, clearly 5150's will not cut it. I mean we traveled what 10-15 miles of trails in one day, out west you can do that in a matter of 20 minutes.
                No worries, I'm not actually back, I'm just reminiscing about the old days.

ForSure Motorsports
                Win or Lose, We Booze.

Vice President of Internal Affairs at Dirty Donny's House of Hookers

Comment

truth in that
                  - Will

Originally posted by fizzy
                  or am asians pants not a read end lol.
                  Originally posted by DizzDizz
                  aliens probed my husband

Comment

these seem like a mid range shock that doesn't seem worth it (depending on price). if you have the need for a 7100 then run one, if not the 5150's are great. though i do not agree that the 5150 is good for high speed. i've gone fast a few times and didn't enjoy the ride quality one bit but i'm not into that sort of thing. crawling and street driving though they are phenomenal
                    I drive a Datsun

Comment

Working...
                    X