heater/fan doesnt work

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by ninetysix-ex-jay View Post
    WHY DO I GET VOLUNTOLD FOR EVERYTHING!!!!!
    BECAUSE YOU FUCKING LOVE JEEPS.
    2000 XJ: "The Black Jeep"
    MK2 Jetta > M3
    Chairman of the Chechnyan Space Program

Comment

blower motor should be acessible from the engine bay
      89XJ Pioneer Edition 3.5" 33s ravines 4:10s 8.8- parted but not forgotten
      95XJ tons 3 link 36s 5:38s
      97 F-250HD 7.3 Turbo Diesel
      If Parts Ain't Flyin' you Ain't Tryin'

"Shut up and Wheel"

Comment

Originally posted by SwampAss View Post
        Mine did this and it turned out there was a clog in the core. Did you try flushing it?
        Will, you said the motor is not running correct?
        Not that it is not blowing Hot 2 totally different problems. Flushing will not help.

Who knows with all your High speed racing maybe a connector came loose.

If the blower fan is not running you are going to need a test light.
        It can be so many different things.

What I usually do is test for power at the most convenient spots.
        Don't forget to check for ground too. Just attached the test light to power and when you probe ground the light should turn on.

First check for power at the fuse the tops of fuses are open you can just put the test light on them check both sides sometimes it is hard to tell if it is blown.

Then I would turn the fan switch on and check at the motor or resistor. Just fallow the resistor wires they should got to the fan. do you have power there yes check ground on the other side yes bad motor.
        Now power then something else.

The blower resistors usually fail but when they do you usually keep high which bypasses the resistor. Check for power going in and power coming out.

If you don't have power going into the resistor then check the the switch.

Power just travels in a line from the batter through the motor to ground any breaks it doesn't work find what has power on one side but not the other and you will find your problem.

The blower resistor is always the large wires plugged into your heater box. They use the fan to cool off the resistor nothing else gets plugged into the heater box except maybe a temp sensor on a few cars.

~Justin
        RCrocs #123 Brown CJ-5
        www.offroadcustomcreations.com

Sponsors:
        Corbeau, Tom Wood, PSC, Polyperformance, Inner Air Lock, Miller Welds, Heavymetal Concepts

Comment

i lost the heater motor on my tj when the resistor fried itself along with the connector and wires on the back of the blower. swapped the resistor and conn from a junkyard and life was warm again. you should be able to check the power going to the motor from the connector plugged into the resistor, just ground the neg test lead on a known good ground.
          winng. all the goddamned time.

**MY STATEMENTS AND/OR OPINIONS IN NO WAY REFLECT THOSE OF THE UNITED STATES GOVERNMENT.

Comment

Working...
          X