dana 60 shafts

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• dana 60 shafts

holy fuck, there so tiny.....i pulled them out to start working in the axle and could not get over now small they are. im planning on running 37's, will they last or should i look into upgrading, im going to weld the rear so i was hoping to get a stock spline count. oh its a full floater rear

Yip, super 35 size shafts. If you want to up your spline count I believe you have to bore the spindles. Then you can get 35spline shafts.
    -Caleb

Crawl Daddy Champion 2011

1999 XJ 4 inchs of lift or so, 35s and some other stuff.

Comment

yup,they are 30 spline stock.

same size as your 44 but the full float gets the weight off the shafts which helps with strength.

i wouldnt bother swappin it in until ya get some 35 spline alloys in there. they arent all that expensive for a ff axle either.

you can get some 35 spline side gears from a front 60 if you want to weld it.
      www.eatsleepexp.wordpress.com

Comment

I thought I read somewher that the diameter is slightly larger than a 44 shaft, but I could definetly be wrong.

Comment

i have a low pinion 60 carrier from a front i might be parting with in some time. That is 35 spline. Also superior fullfloat shafts are actually really cheap, you can get them for 120 each, and a deffinite worthwhile investment.

What is your front 60?? I would leave the stock inner and go to a 35 spl outer, that is what i am doing and using drive flanges to save alittle cash that and unless you daily drive your rig, locking hubs are worthless and break.

...... i shoulda read and just x2'ed sam's post hah
          No worries, I'm not actually back, I'm just reminiscing about the old days.

ForSure Motorsports
          Win or Lose, We Booze.

Vice President of Internal Affairs at Dirty Donny's House of Hookers

Comment

front 60 is a 79 ford high pinion. im gonna keep the hubs for now, although the axles will not be in until late spring, if and when i clean the hubs off ill be going drive flanges. let me know about that carrier

Comment

The 60 shafts are significantly larger than a 30. I did break one but if you look at them side by side you will see they are beef.
              88 YJ...kinda. Clayton Hard Arms, V8, 1 tons w/Detroits, twin sticked T-18/NP205, Irok's, MasterCrafts, fuel cell, multi-colored

Comment

Originally posted by Wide-J View Post
                The 60 shafts are significantly larger than a 30. I did break one but if you look at them side by side you will see they are beef.
                think he was talking about the rear 60 shafts....

cuz they are tinyyy
                Originally posted by Ktmracer419
                some people choose video games
                some choose projects
                some choose welding random things together

Comment

Ahhhh, got it.
                  88 YJ...kinda. Clayton Hard Arms, V8, 1 tons w/Detroits, twin sticked T-18/NP205, Irok's, MasterCrafts, fuel cell, multi-colored

Comment

Working...
                  X