Clear All

is it overshimmed?
    89XJ Pioneer Edition 3.5" 33s ravines 4:10s 8.8- parted but not forgotten
    95XJ tons 3 link 36s 5:38s
    97 F-250HD 7.3 Turbo Diesel
    If Parts Ain't Flyin' you Ain't Tryin'

"Shut up and Wheel"

Comment

Pretty sure my new springs don't have shims on em I looked its just spring and perch
      Dizz dizz go sleep sleep

Driver 4677 FSM vehicle

Comment

checked my u joints and u bolts both tight and my u joints are good they are spicer 760s and still nice. my tire pressures were all over the board driver rear 6 right rear 20 driver front 19 pass front 30 that might do something. and my shocks are almost at full travel cause they are shitty skyjackers
        Dizz dizz go sleep sleep

Driver 4677 FSM vehicle

Comment

Originally posted by dizzy View Post
          What kind of shims and do they come with pins
          tough country and yes ma'm they have pins.
          1993 XJ sport 3.5" rustys 33" MTZ's armored.
          1999 sierra
          1967 M725 Big and Slow
          -Dan

Comment

Hi Dizzy, Your easiest solution would be to place the transfer case. You only need about 1 inch spacers and longer bolts. I think there are only four screws that hold the transfer case assembly on the truck. Place a jack under the mounting bracket and remove the screws. Then slowly lower the ride until you can install the spacers and new bolts. If you have any questions, feel free to join my jeep.

Comment

'96+ XJs are known to have pretty bad vibes with anything over 3" due to the different style T-case output. A T-case drop is usually good up till 3", and past that most people need a SYE. Vibes are also more common with the 8.25 axle, but it depends a lot on the XJ. My friend lifted his 2000 5" with the 8.25 and NP242 and was fine with just a T-case drop. His brother lifted his '96 3" and even with a T-case drop had more vibes than even his GF could handle.
              -Josh

2000 Jeep Cherokee 2" lift, 30x9.5 General Grabber AT2

Comment

Originally posted by dizzy View Post
                checked my u joints and u bolts both tight and my u joints are good they are spicer 760s and still nice. my tire pressures were all over the board driver rear 6 right rear 20 driver front 19 pass front 30 that might do something. and my shocks are almost at full travel cause they are shitty skyjackers
                I wanna know how you didnt notice that your driver rear was only 6psi

just suck it up and get an SYE and actually fix the problem

97 TJ that I think is pretty neat.

Comment

Originally posted by CumminsJeep View Post
                  I wanna know how you didnt notice that your driver rear was only 6psi

just suck it up and get an SYE and actually fix the problem
                  i don't know my tires never look flat till they are unless i'm actually crawling and i actually installed sye on monday vibes gone drives like a stock jeep again minus the tire howl and roughness lol so nothing like a stocker hahaha
                  Dizz dizz go sleep sleep

Driver 4677 FSM vehicle

Comment

You will run around in circles trying to find ways to make it go away trust me, its well worth dropping a few bucks on an sye, then just use a stock xj front shaft for the rear..Plus those vibes have been known to hurt the output on the t-case...Not sating it will happen to you but i have seen it happen.
                    98 Cherokee, D30/8.25 w/4.56s locked F/R -- 3 link front IRO springs rear with shackle relocation, one ton steering w/heims, hybrid cage under contruction, 33'' KM2's

Comment

ya i know i goty the sye installed and eveything
                      Dizz dizz go sleep sleep

Driver 4677 FSM vehicle

Comment

Working...
                      X