tire tubes and sizes

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• tire tubes and sizes

so, i have a set of 31" general grabber at2 tires that are like brand new but when i bought them on rims, i didnt know there was tubes in them and the sidewalls had been stabbed with and awle/screwdriver. foolishly, we cut the tubes out when we took the tires off the rims. does anyone know A: where i can buy new tire tubes and B: what size tube to use for a 31x10.5-15? i looked at a bunch of tubes but i have no idea how to read the sizes.

those tires are between $100 and $120 dollars a piece. I wouldn't run tires with tubes, I'd grab some new tires but that's just me, and I understand that I didn't answer your question.
    1993 XJ sport 3.5" rustys 33" MTZ's armored.
    1999 sierra
    1967 M725 Big and Slow
    -Dan

Comment

well the tube size will relate to the tire size. and also, i wouldnt run tubes in them if you can avoid it. go to napa i know they have tubes. they will be able to help you out

97 TJ that I think is pretty neat.

Comment

ill try napa, thanks. What's so bad about tubes though? I know people who've ran them for years with no problem. These are just going on my s10 as winter tires bc they're studded. They won't be aired down for trail use at all

Comment

Just called napa, they don't have anything big enough for 31's

Comment

why not just go to a truck stop and get them volcanized...

Comment

Originally posted by clean4drxj View Post
              volcanized...
              i keep hearing of this....explain
              Originally posted by HitItWithSomeSpeed
              didnt this thread start with Jon being gay? what happened to that?
              Originally posted by Lawn Guyland
              he's still gay we've just moved on to more important issues
              Originally posted by Zullius Caesar
              i grab dude's junk all the time, doesn't make me gay.

Comment

Summit racing has tubes for drag racers up to 33" but they are like $80-100

You can try quad tubes I have the part number at home for the largest quad tube that's what we use in the inner air locks might blow up large enough. They are like $25
                RCrocs #123 Brown CJ-5
                www.offroadcustomcreations.com

Sponsors:
                Corbeau, Tom Wood, PSC, Polyperformance, Inner Air Lock, Miller Welds, Heavymetal Concepts

Comment

I went on ebay and contacted the seller of this item: http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll...:X:RTQ:US:1123

He said tubes for my 35's would be 29.05 + shipping
                  2 Broncos are better than 1

Comment

thanks guys, found some from chicago tire for 30 bucks a piece and they fit 31-33" tires. What is vulcanizing though, and how is it good for tires with tubes??

Comment

Post the part number for the tubes so the rest of us can benefit.

vulcanizing is melting the rubber back together basically 2 hot plates spring loaded together takes a few hours but you can legaly fix side walls with it they use it a lot for large trucks where the tires are really expensive.

This is if you didn't cut the coards it cost around $75 to get done and only a few places do it.
                      The machine is around a grand. have looked to buy one, figure once I start rock racing it might be a worth while investment.

~Justin
                      RCrocs #123 Brown CJ-5
                      www.offroadcustomcreations.com

Sponsors:
                      Corbeau, Tom Wood, PSC, Polyperformance, Inner Air Lock, Miller Welds, Heavymetal Concepts

Comment

Can they do it on regular LT tires like a BFG Mud terrain?
                        -Caleb

Crawl Daddy Champion 2011

1999 XJ 4 inchs of lift or so, 35s and some other stuff.

Comment

here ya go fellas

http://www.trucktireretreading.com/s...bes/Categories
                          Last edited by 89xjwaggy; 09-28-2010, 06:29 PM.

Comment

go down to don stevens tire in southington, ct. i used to work there, the tubes are pretty cheap (thats if your still looking to go that route)
                            2000 Jeep Cherokee Sport, 4.0L I6, stock for now

Comment

Working...
                            X