Rock rails

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by TheNextSpanky View Post
    i used my old sliders, but most find that 2x6 square stock works perfectly for that. all you have to do it cut the rocker out right below the door and right before the pinch seam underneath. It makes this perfect little cradle for the slider to sit in and then you just gotta burn it in. to tie it in, i have stiffeners so there was no need for plates on the unibody, i just got some pieces of 2x2 notched them accordingly and burned em in. pics will be up in a couple days when i update the build thread again.
    Well i think i will make them without the frame rail extentions and then see how they look and go from there. How to they attach to the pinch seem, welds? or do they at all, i think im caught up to much on them attaching to the pinch seem.

Comment

http://sisoffroad.com/forums/showthread.php?t=6994
      "when I'm riding my motorcycle,I'm glad to be alive...when I stop riding my motorcycle,I'm glad to be alive"

Comment

I know about that but they never show how tie-ins except for the one with them through the floor

Comment

So bought this about an hour ago and tested it out. I also realized i have like no scrap metal around my house to weld together.

Does anyone know about how much stuff costs at logan steel. Like how far would 50 bucks go?

Comment

Bargain barn at Logan, 1/lb. Thats how I build the bumpers and shit on my jeep.
            -Caleb

Crawl Daddy Champion 2011

1999 XJ 4 inchs of lift or so, 35s and some other stuff.

Comment

Originally posted by Bigbike View Post
              Bargain barn at Logan, 1/lb. Thats how I build the bumpers and shit on my jeep.
              X2
              God made the world in seven days, on the 7th day, he made the Le Car

Real Jeeps have Unibodys

Comment

Originally posted by cherokee-at-16 View Post
                I know about that but they never show how tie-ins except for the one with them through the floor
                because im too lazy to tie them in

eveyr now and again i have to bang them down with a sledge so my doors close properly.

but i really should tie them in soon
                www.eatsleepexp.wordpress.com

Comment

God made the world in seven days, on the 7th day, he made the Le Car

Real Jeeps have Unibodys

Comment

^ this seems like what i would do, but is it ok to just cut the pinch seems like that, if i am seeing it right. Maybe i can not them around it

Comment

Originally posted by clean4drxj View Post
                      pinchseem
                      Originally posted by WAD357 View Post
                      pinch weld
                      Originally posted by ninetysix-ex-jay View Post
                      pinch seam
                      pinch seem
                      the pinch seem. pinch seem?
                      Originally posted by TheNextSpanky View Post
                      pinch seam
                      the pinch seem.
                      pinch seems like that
                      you know how if you say a word too many times it looses its meaning
                      "when I'm riding my motorcycle,I'm glad to be alive...when I stop riding my motorcycle,I'm glad to be alive"

Comment

i cut my pinch seams off
                        www.eatsleepexp.wordpress.com

Comment

[ame]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=unkAvO9v2Nk[/ame]
                          I don't always drink orange juice, but when I do, I prefer to chew it. #madpulp

Comment

Originally posted by ninetysix-ex-jay View Post
                            Baahahahahahahahahahahahahaha. No pinch, no pinch.
                            Watch your backhoe, I'm the John Deere man.

Comment

I would do the box rockers like alot of people are saying. I went all the way up to the doorsil on mine and cut about 1.5 inches off the bottom of each door and used 2x6, it sticks out pretty far so i wont put tubing on the outside of it. I used 2x4 on the jeep I sold Joe, and cut out just the rockers, those are right inline with the door and I would have put tubing on those if I kept it longer (we prob still will for Joe),I have a couple pics on my build thread. And while square tube will work just fine, If you really want round we can work out a price and I can bend it for you...And that welder you got is a nice unit, I assume your running flux core wire, it usually come with .035 wire, get some .030, it welds much nicer with a little thinner wire.
                              98 Cherokee, D30/8.25 w/4.56s locked F/R -- 3 link front IRO springs rear with shackle relocation, one ton steering w/heims, hybrid cage under contruction, 33'' KM2's

Comment

Working...
                              X