TJ 4" Lift

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• TJ 4" Lift

So I went to install the Rough Country 4" lift in my TJ this weekend. Of course I hit a bump in the road. When I tried to remove the front lower control arm bolt, the bolt had rusted into the bushing sleeve. In speaking with a few buddies and my friend whose a mechanic he mentioned there are adjustments in the control arm that keep it aligned? Some sort of essentrics? So two things, A) Where can I get replacement bolts, and B) What the hell do I google search to find them?
    06 Wrangler TJ 6 Speed 4" Rough Country Lift on BF Goodrich 33's.

eccentric cam(short for camber) bolt... fuck those things. they are gay

as far as getting the bolt out, have you tried heating it up with a hand held torch and pounding it out with a mini-sledge and a punch?
    Last edited by grundlepunch; 04-01-2010, 08:49 AM.
    "when I'm riding my motorcycle,I'm glad to be alive...when I stop riding my motorcycle,I'm glad to be alive"

Comment

Originally posted by grundlepunch View Post
      eccentric cam(short for camber) bolt... fuck those things. they are gay

as far as getting the bolt out, have you tried heating it up with a hand held torch and pounding it out with a mini-sledge and a punch?
      Yup, melted the stupid bushing around the sleeve.

Comment

yar, then sawzal between the bushing and control arm mount.....

or did you already get it out?
        "when I'm riding my motorcycle,I'm glad to be alive...when I stop riding my motorcycle,I'm glad to be alive"

Comment

just sawzall thru the stock bolt and replace with some grade 8 9/16" bolts

you doing the 2.2 shocks ?

just a tip, your shocks and steering stabilzer, coat them with a good quality clear coat or paint. The paint RC use's holds up like 3 months and then starts rusting
          up to 40% off parts from advance auto parts, buy online and pick up at store for free-click here!
          eliminator MJ - Sold
          99 TJ on 36's - Sold 95 ZJ -parted out/scrapped
          Current Project - 'Family hauler' 2001 XJ

Comment

I think I bought the X series 4" kit? I got it from JCwhitney and found a 20% off coupon code. Ended up shipped to my door for like $400, so I don't believe I had the option to upgrade to the 2.2 shocks.

So do I necessarily need this essentric cam? Or can I get off with just using some grade 8 9/16" bolts? If I can get away with just buying the grade 8 bolts where the hell can I even get them?

Comment

i usually get hardware like this at home depot if i can
              94 xj 4.0L, AW4, 242
              3" rusty's lift, 33x12.5 bfg km2's, custom front bumper

Comment

fastenall has grade 8 bolts and you try soaking the bolt in kroil for a day that ussally works for me
                2000 xj 4.5 clayton longarms with wontons with a touch of
                97' zj
                2012 surbra imperza DD
                im a motivation machine like the hammer and sickle in communism

Comment

Working...
                X