A/C as OBA

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• A/C as OBA

I know a few people on here have done this mod and i was thinking of doing this over my spring break or some other time. I was looking at other write ups and had some questions.

How well does this system work? What parts will i need to do this? how much will i be spending for this system? And as a tank i was going to use my front bumper (building now), it is going to be a jcr look-a-like, would this be a good tank?
    God made the world in seven days, on the 7th day, he made the Le Car

Real Jeeps have Unibodys

http://www.cherokeeforum.com/f2/boar...pressor-11186/
    I only read a little into this so it may help or may not..

Comment

I probably had 50 into it with all the fittings and hose minus the tank. Itll take a few runs to the hardware store to get everything youll need im sure because the thread pitches and types are weird as i recall. Oh and use a good quality hose because the cheap shit will burst once it gets hot in the engine compartment.

I use my rear bumper as a tank but not with my ac compresser on this jeep. I have a pinhole but it holds air very well.

Once my AC dies ill use the pump again because those things put out a ton of air compared to my viair 450c.

Comment

AC in a jeep? LOL.

Get OBA.
        sigpic
        Official Space Shuttle Door Gunner of the Chechnyan Space Program

Comment

Originally posted by Buffalo Phil View Post
          AC in a jeep? LOL.

Get OBA.
          well in utah it gets damn hot and my r12 is still running damn cold so no need to ruin a good thing...oh wait my jeep already is haha

Comment

Originally posted by crosbike View Post
            well in utah it gets damn hot and my r12 is still running damn cold so no need to ruin a good thing...oh wait my jeep already is haha
            Exactly. We've all ruined a good thing.
            sigpic
            Official Space Shuttle Door Gunner of the Chechnyan Space Program

Comment

Thread is officially hijacked
              Philip i was thinking today about why the hell i wheel and waste my money on wheeling and then while i was changing axleshafts getting greasy and dirty on my birthday i realized why i do it...im retarded.

Comment

Thread is officially hijacked
                Philip i was thinking today about why the hell i wheel and waste my money on wheeling and then while i was changing axleshafts getting greasy and dirty on my birthday i realized why we do it...we're retarded.

#becauseJoeNitro

Comment

On your Jeep shouldn't it be r134A?
                  I don't always drink orange juice, but when I do, I prefer to chew it. #madpulp

Comment

Originally posted by ninetysix-ex-jay View Post
                    On your Jeep shouldn't it be r134A?
                    Look at you coming in here trying to prove me wrong. Nope i have r12 and chrysler switched to r134 in 94 (well my 94 had r134 at least) i believe.

There is something about most early chrysler r134 that they always leak or need to be recharged, and if they leak out that will ruin the desiccant(hygroscopic bag to remove moisture in the AC lines) in the receiver dryer/accumulator or whatever you fancy to call it. So even if you recharge one it wont be as cold until you replace that.

Comment

Look at you coming in here trying to prove me wrong. Nope i have r12 and chrysler switched to r134 in 94 (well my 94 had r134 at least) i believe.

There is something about most early chrysler r134 that they always leak or need to be recharged, and if they leak out that will ruin the desiccant(hygroscopic bag to remove moisture in the AC lines) in the receiver dryer/accumulator or whatever you fancy to call it. So even if you recharge one it wont be as cold until you replace that.
                      For some reason I thought you had a 97. Either way, you can't buy R12 anymore so

Comment

For some reason I thought you had a 97. Either way, you can't buy R12 anymore so
                        You can definitely find r12 still and i'm licensed to handle it

Comment

You can definitely find r12 still and i'm licensed to handle it
                          Are you licensed to purchase it?

Comment

Are you licensed to purchase it?
                            yes

Comment

yes
                              So someone took the online course?

Comment

Working...
                              X