BUJILDING A FRONT WAGGY DANA 44

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by greenxj513 View Post
    do you kno if i can find a 35 spline spool for a 44??

The goal right now is to make something on budget that will allow me to run 35's and even 37's with confidence. I feel like to 60 shafts that size, they will have to be custom length which is a grand and i could see this project getting really expensive, really quick.

sorry for hi-jacking your thread here caleb buddy
    spools are fucking gay
    www.eatsleepexp.wordpress.com

Comment

I think ARB is the only one that makes 35spline D44 carrier.

If you want 35 splines replace the housing with a HP D60 then you can get everything in 35 splines.
      RCrocs #123 Brown CJ-5
      www.offroadcustomcreations.com

Sponsors:
      Corbeau, Tom Wood, PSC, Polyperformance, Inner Air Lock, Miller Welds, Heavymetal Concepts

Comment

Originally posted by Ktmracer419 View Post
        spools are fucking gay
        this
        1996 xj, waggy 44 front 5.13 gears aussie trussed, 3 links, 3.5" coils, spooled 8.8 rear, 38" tsl sx's, tnt front bumper, jesus freaks rear bumper, Olympic top hat roof rack, bunch of dumb shit
        2001 wj tbd
        1974 5 ton

Comment

Originally posted by greenxj513 View Post
          twats what i am doing kinda.

I have a hp 44 outta a ford f150 with the cast wedges, so i'm ditching the axle tubes, gearing and spooling the diff, gonna order new inner c's and use the 44 knuckles. The cool thing about staying with the knuckles i have already is cause i have 2 sets of hubs, one is 8 lug and one is 5 lug, so i can change them depending on the lug pattern i want to run or what i'm running in the rear.

I'm gonna run waggy inners, to get the width i want and run them with the ford outers. Chromo's when money allows for it.

although i will entertain the ideas of running 60 outers, if i can find a front 60 to donate them for cheap, hahaha.
          If you are going to go through all this trouble, I think you would be better off going with a 9" center.

Comment

609 FTMFW

Comment

run mogs and be done
              Last edited by Magilla; 02-26-2010, 10:51 PM.
              1996 xj, waggy 44 front 5.13 gears aussie trussed, 3 links, 3.5" coils, spooled 8.8 rear, 38" tsl sx's, tnt front bumper, jesus freaks rear bumper, Olympic top hat roof rack, bunch of dumb shit
              2001 wj tbd
              1974 5 ton

Comment

Working...
              X