No announcement yet.

Building a HD crossmember.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

armand.... you can get the baby heims to do this from grainger supply houses, i went to the one in stratford.

i got heims and a section of threaded rod for pretty cheap. I'm pretty sure me and sam did close to the same shift linkage.

http://sisoffroad.com/forums/showpos...68&postcount=8
    No worries, I'm not actually back, I'm just reminiscing about the old days.

ForSure Motorsports
    Win or Lose, We Booze.

Vice President of Internal Affairs at Dirty Donny's House of Hookers

Comment

Thanks, I think I found some that will work, they are used in skidoo mini z snowmobiles..might be to big but im gonna scope it out today, also got materials for the crossmember so im gonna look at that today.
      98 Cherokee, D30/8.25 w/4.56s locked F/R -- 3 link front IRO springs rear with shackle relocation, one ton steering w/heims, hybrid cage under contruction, 33'' KM2's

Comment

Did you just modify the arm on the transfer case?
        98 Cherokee, D30/8.25 w/4.56s locked F/R -- 3 link front IRO springs rear with shackle relocation, one ton steering w/heims, hybrid cage under contruction, 33'' KM2's

Comment

http://www.bsfab.net/?p=26 armand this might be of some help to you...

Comment

I know I've gone over this a bunch of times. To clock the T-case just drill the holes a little over where it looks like it should go. Depending which vehicle the tranny went in the T-case was either clocked up or down the XJ was clocked down o-well.

I made a clocking jig takes 15 min, to clock it.

All the times I clocked it it the linkage worked fine after wards with no modification Heims are obviously better. Also the drive shafts still worked.

On the older body style floor pan you just need to massage the floor a little where the front drive shafts rides. On the newer body style I also had to remove one leg from the 4wd shifter.
            with the 231 there is enough room to go flat on the bigger T-cases I had to notch out the floor to go flat skid.

RCrocs #123 Brown CJ-5
            www.offroadcustomcreations.com

Sponsors:
            Corbeau, Tom Wood, PSC, Polyperformance, Inner Air Lock, Miller Welds, Heavymetal Concepts

Comment

Originally posted by Ktmracer419 View Post
              its almost like the output housing was made to be clocked leaving more than enough meat to simply redrill the t-case mounting holes. not so sure with an ax15,
              Sam your right depending on what vehicle the transmission came in it was either clocked up or down. In my experience XJ clocked down, wranglers clocked up, durangos clocked up. AX-15 has the same issue and just as easy to modify just did an Clocked an AX-15 the other night.

The CJ-5 runs a 904 that housing is clocked down but no material to clock it up so I just added a bunch of weld so I was able to clock it.
              RCrocs #123 Brown CJ-5
              www.offroadcustomcreations.com

Sponsors:
              Corbeau, Tom Wood, PSC, Polyperformance, Inner Air Lock, Miller Welds, Heavymetal Concepts

Comment

Working...
              X