ditched the radius arm, got myself a 3 link

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Looks awesome.

I always like the 3 link design over the radius arms.

I always felt the radius arm is a compromised 3/4 link when you cannot fit in the extra links. Stupid engine getting in the way.

Did you run the analysis on the Radius arms for comparison I'm curious to see the difference.
    Just connect the upper link frame mount to the lower link frame mount.
    RCrocs #123 Brown CJ-5
    www.offroadcustomcreations.com

Sponsors:
    Corbeau, Tom Wood, PSC, Polyperformance, Inner Air Lock, Miller Welds, Heavymetal Concepts

Comment

wow man that came out real good. i was gona do a radius arm setup in my zj but now this is making me rethink it... an that does flex really good for the arms not being crazy long,have you noticed a difference in the flex over the radius arms (even though you havent really wheeled it yet) or only how much better it rides so far??
      97 zj- frankenstein 3.5", 35 stt's.

92 240sx- coilovers,full adj arms bla bla bla. 50trim t3/t04 soon

xj- need one

Comment

My technical input: I like that your sport decal matches your beadlock rings

Comment

Originally posted by customcreationsllc View Post
          Looks awesome.

I always like the 3 link design over the radius arms.

I always felt the radius arm is a compromised 3/4 link when you cannot fit in the extra links. Stupid engine getting in the way.

Did you run the analysis on the Radius arms for comparison I'm curious to see the difference.
          Just connect the upper link frame mount to the lower link frame mount.
          a while back for shits n giggles i ran the numbers for a tnt y link with a 4.5" lift and everything was acceptable, but i had something like 360% antisquat. from my research you want between 50 and 100%

Originally posted by 003brian View Post
          wow man that came out real good. i was gona do a radius arm setup in my zj but now this is making me rethink it... an that does flex really good for the arms not being crazy long,have you noticed a difference in the flex over the radius arms (even though you havent really wheeled it yet) or only how much better it rides so far??
          in theory a 3 link has less binding than a radius arm and will yield more flex. but either setup will flex more than you ever want it to. I did this for the consistent caster at speed, more favorable antisquat and so i dont keep bending coils

Originally posted by Krazors001 View Post
          My technical input: I like that your sport decal matches your beadlock rings
          that was totally on accident

thanks for the kind words gentlemen!
          www.eatsleepexp.wordpress.com

Comment

Nice work sam. Im Glad to see that your doing some different stuff witht his XJ. Maybe this one will last longer then a year.
            Lady bugs don't like it when you paint stripes on them

2005 WK Limited 4.7 V8, Slightly Modded

2006 Jeep Liberty Sport 2.8L CRD Diesel Stock

Comment

Originally posted by Keelyle View Post
              Nice work sam. Im Glad to see that your doing some different stuff witht his XJ. Maybe this one will last longer then a year.
              hahahah you say silly things
              I drive a Datsun

Comment

thats cool dude. i think im gona try to use that link calculater more so i actually understand the real differences between how the diff link setups chang ani squat an shit....

an dude you always gona run leafs in the rear or have you ever thought about doin a link setup back ther too?
                97 zj- frankenstein 3.5", 35 stt's.

92 240sx- coilovers,full adj arms bla bla bla. 50trim t3/t04 soon

xj- need one

Comment

Originally posted by 003brian View Post
                  thats cool dude. i think im gona try to use that link calculater more so i actually understand the real differences between how the diff link setups chang ani squat an shit....

an dude you always gona run leafs in the rear or have you ever thought about doin a link setup back ther too?
                  keepin leafs

Comment

Originally posted by Ktmracer419 View Post
                    I did this for the consistent caster at speed
                    I'm not sure if the answer is somewhere in the link calculator pic, because I have no fawking clue how to read them. But, how long are your uppers compared to your lowers? Are you at all worried about the pinion diving like a nympho lesbian? I'm assuming you chose caster to be more important because you are getting into more high speed shit?

Looks good though Sam, this looks like a great way to avoid hacking up my floor if/when I ever decide to go the 3-link route.

Comment

Originally posted by Even View Post
                      I'm not sure if the answer is somewhere in the link calculator pic, because I have no fawking clue how to read them. But, how long are your uppers compared to your lowers? Are you at all worried about the pinion diving like a nympho lesbian? I'm assuming you chose caster to be more important because you are getting into more high speed shit?

Looks good though Sam, this looks like a great way to avoid hacking up my floor if/when I ever decide to go the 3-link route.
                      my upper is 18" and lowers 20" there is no real pinion dive.

with my wristed radius arm the pinion would crazy dive when the passenger side was compressed and drivers drooped and would ALMOST bind up my driveshaft. it would make clicky noises when fully drooped and turning

the main reason for the 3 link is to see what all this desirable antisquat awesomeness is about.

Comment

Originally posted by Ktmracer419 View Post

the main reason for the 3 link is to see what all this desirable antisquat awesomeness is about.

i went for the best case senario with my link setup.... and i have plans now to make a new crossmeber to suck my lowers up... im not afraid of a lil more antisquat..

things ive noticed......
                        no matter what... when doing a climb the front will unload...
                        maybe not as violent as radius arms (under accel).. but you cant change physics, the front gets lite... the only thing that will help keep the weight on the tires is a suckdown winch

i think the only thing i have really noticed is when braking hard it feels amazing, and i like the handling on the road...
                        and it feels really nice while going fast...
                        Originally posted by Ktmracer419
                        some people choose video games
                        some choose projects
                        some choose welding random things together

Comment

Originally posted by justtorchit View Post

things ive noticed......
                          no matter what... when doing a climb the front will unload...

thats what i think

if there is little weight on the front end and you are accelerating the front end will get light no matter what

but all the pirate 4x4 xj tech guys say OMG RADIUS ARMS ARE GAY AND UNLOAD, BUILD A REAL LINKED SUSPENDSHION

so now i will see what all the buzz is about.

Comment

can someone explain to me what " Anti squat " is and how it affects your vehicles performance.

Comment

Originally posted by Mike View Post
                              can someone explain to me what " Anti squat " is and how it affects your vehicles performance.
                              in a nutshell its the tendency for a vehicle to lift the front end when accelerating uphill. a proper linked suspension will keep more weight on the front tires than a radius arm design
                              I drive a Datsun

Comment

she can flecks

climbs up flat ledges with relative ease

Comment

Working...
                                X