Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Anti-wrap bar

new welder

i have the bar all made up, and the mount to the skid welded in, and i just have to finish welding the brackets to the axle

1991 YJ, 1 tons, locked, lots o armor, stretched, cage

that looks good.
    #becauseJoeNitro

Comment

finished melting in the brackets put everything together popped it in 1st gear on the street and no axle wrap at all. this means no more broken driveshafts.

Comment

nice work, in case you have problems with that here is my solution to axle wrap

1950 Willys Trail Rig
        2007.5 Dodge 2500 QCSB 6.7 Cummins 68RFE 4x4

Comment

I bet you are stoked to have a welder, welcome to fellow HOG (Hobart Owners Group)
          1950 Willys Trail Rig

Comment

i've been welding non-stop since christmas morning, more stoked i can put all the plans i've had into product

Comment

Originally posted by OWEN View Post
              nice work, in case you have problems with that here is my solution to axle wrap

just wait till this summer when i have a lot of time, i have been thinking my front suspension hasn't been flexing enough

Comment

p.s. i'm going to an engineering school that has every cutting machine, cnc, bender, welder known to man.

Comment

Originally posted by Jeepbonehead View Post
                  p.s. i'm going to an engineering school that has every cutting machine, cnc, bender, welder known to man.
                  They let you use the equipment for personal projects??? What school is this?
                  You're a ___________

Comment

You might want to use a Johny Joint or rod end instead of a poly bushing. The poly bushing might hinder ariticulation.
                    1950 Willys Trail Rig

Comment

Originally posted by Jeepbonehead View Post
                      just wait till this summer when i have a lot of time, i have been thinking my front suspension hasn't been flexing enough
                      have you come to this conclusion after wheeling it or just flexing it out? i would keep the front springs and the read linked if you want to link an end
                      "when I'm riding my motorcycle,I'm glad to be alive...when I stop riding my motorcycle,I'm glad to be alive"

Comment

if the rubber bushings do limit articulation i will add a jonny joint at the end of the bar

Comment

Working...
                        X