X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Cletus View Post
    That is so fucking gay, granted it is coming from you
    STFU cletus... that shit is awesome...

my jeep has some safety orange in it now. lets just say it pops with the greenish black paint. it is very loud!!
    2013 F150 fx4 (Tow Pig/DD)
    • 5.0 with the 3.73 option

2003 TJ Rubicon
    • 4.0/42rle/np241or
    • 5.13's
    • 3" Savvy/Currie suspension with acos
    • 33” BFG KO2s

Comment

Originally posted by XJLI View Post
      DONT USE THE SPRAY BEDLINER.

its just a fucking headache. my bumper was coated in that and it all flaked off in a couple months.. its a royal pain to sand off, pieces keep flaking off from where i didnt sand it down enough and the bare metal rusts.

rustoleum textured covers EXTREMELY well. its all i use on my bumper and sliders.
      Thanks for the heads up! Do you have a picture of your bumper coated in the textured rustoleum?
      I don't always drink orange juice, but when I do, I prefer to chew it. #madpulp

Comment

Originally posted by ninetysix-ex-jay View Post
        Thanks for the heads up! Do you have a picture of your bumper coated in the textured rustoleum?

not really close up, but shows the reflection.

now that i think about it, thats probably semi gloss black. i cant remember. the textured has a semi-gloss finish to it, it reflects, but not as much as gloss and more than a matte.

Comment

Originally posted by Cletus View Post
          That is so fucking gay, granted it is coming from you
          You would rock an Evo 10 and so would I. Don't lie RJ
          You're a ___________

Comment

Originally posted by ninetysix-ex-jay View Post
            POR-15. End of story. (check it out, it is fucking awesome)
            You're a ___________

Comment

Originally posted by Danksters View Post
              POR-15. End of story. (check it out, it is fucking awesome)
              from what I remember it's also fucking expensive, i could be wrong though

Comment

i hate the way POR-15 looks, and it gets dirty as hell and doesnt clean up nice either.

Comment

Originally posted by XJLI View Post
                  i hate the way POR-15 looks, and it gets dirty as hell and doesnt clean up nice either.
                  It's paint. Wtf u talkin bout Willis?
                  You're a ___________

Comment

you can get a POR-15 starter kit for 20 bucks or something and it should be enough to do the bumper. Then just rattle can or whatever you want over it and it is guaranteed to never rust. Just FYI
                    http://www.por15.com/SUPER-STARTER-K...ductinfo/SSKB/

or you can get a pint, which should be plenty, for $30 somethin
                    P8R

2012 Honda Accord - For DD/MPG Porpoises - Cooper Tire: Count on Cooper
                    2014 Granite Crystal WK2 Limited - Nitto Tire: Fueled by Enthusiasts

Poontang Pro 300EX 42" - For lawn porpoises
                    OG KOT #4736 Semper Sky Rock Racing/Standardbred Racing Designs 15.5 HP Turbo-Cool Craftsman, 6 Spd w/ crawl box, fat turf treads, Custom paint, and a red onzie

Comment

POR-15 is great stuff but I might just rattle can it gloss black after some primer

Comment

por 15 is a primer im pretty sure. cant stand up to the uv so you would need to topcoat that shit for those of you not realizing that.

Comment

Originally posted by Danksters View Post
                          It's paint. Wtf u talkin bout Willis?
                          it has a shitty finish, and like alex said, it needs to be topcoated if its going to be exposed to sunlight. my entire floor is untopcoated POR-15 and it is constantly dirty, and it just looks like poop. i have rubber floormats that are over most of the exposed areas but its something i'd never want on the outside of my truck.

Comment

The paint i used on the rock sliders you bought from is is rustoleum HIGH Performance enamel in gloss black. It comes in the Tall Brushed steel looking cans at home depot and wally world. its durable, easily re painted, and it was what i used on my wheels and lasted great on them.
                            Lady bugs don't like it when you paint stripes on them

2005 WK Limited 4.7 V8, Slightly Modded

2006 Jeep Liberty Sport 2.8L CRD Diesel Stock

Comment

Did a little more work this weekend. I got both ends of the bumper capped off and the welds ground flush. I also cut the stinger so it would be raked 10degrees off vertical. I just need to tack on the stinger, notch the side supports accordingly, wait for the mounts to come in the mail; figure out where to put them, weld on the D-ring tabs and cut the corner protection and angle it so it doesn't hit the tires. This is taking a lot longer then I thought it would. Hopefully it will be done by thanks giving break

No need for fancy welding magnets; speaker magnets actually made by Chrysler

As pretty as flux-core gets

After a date with Mr. Grinder

Comment

oh flux core. how i hate thee. looks good. i have also utilized the wonderful speaker magnets for welding/picking up stuff in the driveway.

Comment

Working...
                                X