doorless mod

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Pedro View Post
    just take out the little button that pushes in when the door closes to turn off the light and viola
    That's what I did. Works great.
    -Matt
    Facebook

Comment

then u just need to turn the dome lights on manually right?
      God made the world in seven days, on the 7th day, he made the Le Car

Real Jeeps have Unibodys

Comment

Yeah, it works great. Only regret on my doorless mod is when they are on, they don't stay in place because that one pin is out, and you have to hold your door open.
        -Matt
        Facebook

Comment

Originally posted by XJcrazy00 View Post
          Yeah, it works great. Only regret on my doorless mod is when they are on, they don't stay in place because that one pin is out, and you have to hold your door open.
          Then put the pin back in
          I don't always drink orange juice, but when I do, I prefer to chew it. #madpulp

Comment

even thought my bracket for the door stop is snapped off, my door stays open still

Real Jeeps have Unibodys

Comment

Originally posted by ninetysix-ex-jay View Post
              Then put the pin back in
              I actually did, on my girlfriends door (passenger) yesterday. Can't find my pin. I'm still gathering the balls to drive doorless again, after being pulled over last time.
              -Matt
              Facebook

Comment

Originally posted by XJcrazy00 View Post
                I actually did, on my girlfriends door (passenger) yesterday. Can't find my pin. I'm still gathering the balls to drive doorless again, after being pulled over last time.
                Use a bolt.
                Last edited by ninetysix-ex-jay; 08-11-2009, 01:47 AM.
                I don't always drink orange juice, but when I do, I prefer to chew it. #madpulp

Comment

I asked a cop last year, fellow jeep enthusiast (he has a rubicon with a 350 on 35's) he told me there is no law saying you can't take off your doors. Also he said you need 1 rear facing mirror, the one stuck to the windshield counts.
                  1993 XJ sport 3.5" rustys 33" MTZ's armored.
                  1999 sierra
                  1967 M725 Big and Slow
                  -Dan

Comment

Originally posted by wannabejeep View Post
                    I asked a cop last year, fellow jeep enthusiast (he has a rubicon with a 350 on 35's) he told me there is no law saying you can't take off your doors. Also he said you need 1 rear facing mirror, the one stuck to the windshield counts.
                    thats exactly correct in the states of massachusetts and rhode island one of my best friends fathers is chief of police in my town in mass and my best friend is now a cop in rhode island. both states is the same as wannabejeep said
                    Watch your backhoe, I'm the John Deere man.

Comment

nice

Real Jeeps have Unibodys

Comment

you dont need no stinkin pin thats an early pic of my doorless mod. i now have impregnated bushings in the body hinge top only and the bolts are cut shorter they open and close just like factory and can have em off in 10 sec and back on in 20

Comment

Working...
                        X