No announcement yet.

need some input on a toolbox idea

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I dunno if its been mentioned, but you could do a toolbox on the bumper, similar to the rear tire carrier. Not to block your vision, but something that swings out, and closes flush to your tailgate, only in place of all the supports for mounting the tire, make yourself a retangular tool box. Put at latch on it similar to the way the carriers lock and it would be pretty solid.
    2000 XJ
    2000 A.C.E. 750

Comment

Originally posted by Adam View Post
      I dunno if its been mentioned, but you could do a toolbox on the bumper, similar to the rear tire carrier. Not to block your vision, but something that swings out, and closes flush to your tailgate, only in place of all the supports for mounting the tire, make yourself a retangular tool box. Put at latch on it similar to the way the carriers lock and it would be pretty solid.
      Yea it was mentioned, i can do about 100 other things that would probably be just as efficient. The main reason i wanted to do this was to be unique, not just like every other person on the trail.

Comment

as long as you do it on the drivers side only i say go for it.go in a deep as the stock spare tire would and just make a leg down to the floor to support it so it wont fall in the window.

Comment

yeah, main reason i wouldn't do this idea is visibility. I noticed myself looking out the 1/4 glass when I was running doorless on the highway the other day. you do use em. no mirrors.

Comment

Working...
          X