Finally making those long arms...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by WAD357 View Post
    Why not buy brand new currie Johnny Joints? theyre cheap like 40 bucks each...
    im running a jhonny joint on the axle, rubber bushing on the xmember, and either a rubber or keep the s.f joint on the upper to lower connection
    God made the world in seven days, on the 7th day, he made the Le Car

Real Jeeps have Unibodys

Comment

I thought the SF joints were shot?
      89XJ Pioneer Edition 3.5" 33s ravines 4:10s 8.8- parted but not forgotten
      95XJ tons 3 link 36s 5:38s
      97 F-250HD 7.3 Turbo Diesel
      If Parts Ain't Flyin' you Ain't Tryin'

"Shut up and Wheel"

Comment

gonna tear into em later this week, my buddy said they look bad, another said to tighten em and grease em

Real Jeeps have Unibodys

Comment

Odds are the sf joints are shot. I would personally run the brushing on the axle to tale up any mis- alignment and vibration so the joints won't
          I don't always drink orange juice, but when I do, I prefer to chew it. #madpulp

Comment

i was gonna do that, but if i have the rubber on the xmember, it will smoothen the on road ride which is my main goal

Real Jeeps have Unibodys

Comment

What x member are you using?

Comment

home made

Real Jeeps have Unibodys

Comment

Can you post a pic of it?

Comment

Originally posted by LittleD View Post
                    i was gonna do that, but if i have the rubber on the xmember, it will smoothen the on road ride which is my main goal
                    I've never seen an aftermarket kit run this way, only with the rubber/poly on the axle end.

I don't know for sure if it will make a difference, but it's something to think about.

Comment

Originally posted by Even View Post
                      I've never seen an aftermarket kit run this way, only with the rubber/poly on the axle end.

I don't know for sure if it will make a difference, but it's something to think about.
                      Same. I get the feeling it will death wabble like a mo-fo

Comment

dont waste your time with SF joints, especially ones you need to tighten. if youre makin arms, start fresh. preferably with something better than SF joints, like the already mentioned currie joints.
                        - Will

Originally posted by fizzy
                        or am asians pants not a read end lol.
                        Originally posted by DizzDizz
                        aliens probed my husband

Comment

I figured since that joint will be the only component contacting the frame, it would be better to have less movement.

Real Jeeps have Unibodys

Comment

i wouldnt put a rubber bushing on the crossmember...
                            all the forces from the uppers and lowers are transfered to that point in a radius arm. the bushing would prolly where out in a month. also the joints at the crossmeber end see the most movement. therefore you would want a spherical joint at that point.

take a look at trail gears creeper joints... i used them on my last build and they are beefy, cheep, and havent had any issues...

so run a poly or rubber on the lower axle... joint on crossmember, joint on upper arm.
                            Originally posted by Ktmracer419
                            some people choose video games
                            some choose projects
                            some choose welding random things together

Comment

CREEPER JOINT

check them out, but if ya go with them be sure to use a few washers or a spacer on them to get the misalignment you need out of them.

i had to scrap a crossmeber becuase i made the tabs 2 5/8" apart and the joint could barely move
                              Originally posted by Ktmracer419
                              some people choose video games
                              some choose projects
                              some choose welding random things together

Comment

Originally posted by justtorchit View Post
                                all the forces from the uppers and lowers are transfered to that point in a radius arm. the bushing would prolly where out in a month.
                                This is along the lines of what I was thinking as well.

Comment

Working...
                                X