Ecotec Buggy

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Customjob View Post
    What does he have the guage hooked up to? I dont have oxygen sensors. I believe a wideband sensor is the best bet for accuracy but they can be expensive. Is this correct?

So far I have found kits for about $180. I dont need anything special because im running propane right? The sensor just senses air IIRC.

I tried looking into fuel ratio meters they are pricey but you only need to buy it once, then plug it off after you tune it, and save it for the next vehicle to tune.
    I don't know the exact ratio for propane, but I was told you can really lean it out for mileage, or richen it up for power. I'm sure you can do some Google searching to figure out what you want.
    I'm not at that point yet, I just got my flex-plate in should have my clutch disk this week.

Or just lean it out until it doesn't run the richen it up just a little.

Originally posted by netrachamp1853 View Post
    Hey justin what software are you using for this?
    Correct an old version of Solidworks.
    I modeled a bunch of parts up all with a tape measure so not perfect but close enough to do what I'm doing.
    Basically just want to lay out the rig then I'll make a jig to hold the mounts in place then just lay the tubes around it.
    It is kind of a pain to model every thing I just assemble most of the stuff without constraints just floating and drag it around to where I want it.

I did make all the suspension links move able so all I need to do is change the stroke on the strut and I can flex out the suspension. tells me how close everything is. really helpful when trying to lay out the suspension.
    I still need to put the numbers back into 4 link excel and see what I got.
    I did it before I started but had to move the links all around.
    Last edited by customcreationsllc; 01-18-2011, 09:49 AM.
    RCrocs #123 Brown CJ-5
    www.offroadcustomcreations.com

Sponsors:
    Corbeau, Tom Wood, PSC, Polyperformance, Inner Air Lock, Miller Welds, Heavymetal Concepts

Comment

I updated the Pirate4x4 Build thread and will only be using that one from now on.
      Thank you
      ~Justin

http://www.pirate4x4.com/forum/showt...ns+buggy+build
      RCrocs #123 Brown CJ-5

Sponsors:
      Corbeau, Tom Wood, PSC, Polyperformance, Inner Air Lock, Miller Welds, Heavymetal Concepts

Comment

Originally posted by customcreationsllc View Post
        I updated the Pirate4x4 Build thread and will only be using that one from now on.
        Thank you
        ~Justin

No, Just kidding. I think my stepdad may have replaced some unit bearings on a superduty a little while back. Ill see if he still has them laying around.

Just got off the phone with him. He doesnt have them but he said my uncle just changed his and may have them. Ill let you know if he does.
        Last edited by Customjob; 02-03-2011, 12:28 PM.
        2 Broncos are better than 1

Comment

No, Just kidding. I think my stepdad may have replaced some unit bearings on a superduty a little while back. Ill see if he still has them laying around.

Just got off the phone with him. He doesnt have them but he said my uncle just changed his and may have them. Ill let you know if he does.
          That would be awesome.
          Thanks
          ~Justin

Know if I can only find a spay C then I can have a stand alone jig.
          RCrocs #123 Brown CJ-5

Sponsors:

Comment

Do you still need the unit bearing, I have it in my possession now.

Comment

If you are just going to throw it away I could use it.
              RCrocs #123 Brown CJ-5

Sponsors:

Comment

yes it was one my uncle replaced, took it out of the metal bin for ya.
                want me to just bring it to the club comp?

Comment

I update the pirate build thread.
                  The latest version is coming along nicely.

http://www.pirate4x4.com/forum/showt...=949738&page=4
                  RCrocs #123 Brown CJ-5

Sponsors:

Comment

Build has finally started

http://www.pirate4x4.com/forum/showt...=949738&page=5
                    RCrocs #123 Brown CJ-5

Sponsors:

Comment

Nice, I was acutually thinking about your build the other day!
                      -Caleb

Crawl Daddy Champion 2011

1999 XJ 4 inchs of lift or so, 35s and some other stuff.

Comment

glad to see this is underway. and that your dad helped you finish the ceiling haha
                        1998 Jetta GLX VR6 Raceland Optimo coilovers, c2 chip, CAI, straightpipe to magnaflow muffler, e-codes, billet alum. crackpipe. 42 draft designs SAI blockoff.

Comment

freaking sweet!!!!!!!! looks like i'll be dropping by friday night, you be out there??
                          No worries, I'm not actually back, I'm just reminiscing about the old days.

ForSure Motorsports
                          Win or Lose, We Booze.

Vice President of Internal Affairs at Dirty Donny's House of Hookers

Comment

I'll be in the garage friday night just give me a call first.

I've been working on my rear axle, finished extending it now I just have the weld on the flanges.
                            RCrocs #123 Brown CJ-5

Sponsors:

Comment

-Caleb

Crawl Daddy Champion 2011

1999 XJ 4 inchs of lift or so, 35s and some other stuff.

Comment

Added building the custom rear axle.

http://www.pirate4x4.com/forum/showt...=949738&page=5
                                RCrocs #123 Brown CJ-5

Sponsors:

Comment

Working...
                                X