Project Utility Vehicle

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by iant333 View Post
    So I jumped my Jeep quite a few times today, got all 4 confirmed 2 feet off the ground. And I did a bunch of other high speed stuff too, I think that's what i'm gonna do with my Jeep, as far as fun it beat's crawling over the head with a stick.

this is soooo very true!!
    2013 F150 fx4 (Tow Pig/DD)
    • 5.0 with the 3.73 option

2003 TJ Rubicon
    • 4.0/42rle/np241or
    • 5.13's
    • 3" Savvy/Currie suspension with acos
    • 33” BFG KO2s

Comment

Correct me if i am wrong but if you want to jump this/jeep speed it wont there be alot more beefing up that you need to do so it does not destroy the unibody or go Jerry Bransford on you and fold like a taco? LOL
      Lady bugs don't like it when you paint stripes on them

2005 WK Limited 4.7 V8, Slightly Modded

2006 Jeep Liberty Sport 2.8L CRD Diesel Stock

Comment

Originally posted by Bigbike View Post
        Old Florida rd in Mass?
        Yup
        01 XJ 3" on 33's and some new paint n stuff. Gone.

1989 Jeep Comanche, sold to HeavyMetal

2000 Subaru Impreza RS. Built WRX motor and coilovers and stuff.

Comment

Originally posted by Keelyle View Post
          Correct me if i am wrong but if you want to jump this/jeep speed it wont there be alot more beefing up that you need to do so it does not destroy the unibody or go Jerry Bransford on you and fold like a taco? LOL
          I'm gonna do center stiffeners. I didnt break anything this time and I dont plan on going much higher.

My unibody is already bent a little anyways.

Comment

Yup
            How is that trail? Iv always wanted to try it.
            -Caleb

Crawl Daddy Champion 2011

1999 XJ 4 inchs of lift or so, 35s and some other stuff.

Comment

I'm gonna do center stiffeners. I didnt break anything this time and I dont plan on going much higher.

My unibody is already bent a little anyways.
              youre gonna need more than that

center, front, rear, other reinforcement as well

ESPECIALLY if you want to jump all over the place...i try to avoid jumping as is and i have full stiffeners, other various reinforcement and air bumps.

jumping = lots of stress for not a lot of gain
              - Will

Originally posted by fizzy
              or am asians pants not a read end lol.
              Originally posted by DizzDizz
              aliens probed my husband

Comment

Originally posted by HeavyMetal View Post

ESPECIALLY if you want to jump all over the place...i try to avoid jumping as is and i have full stiffeners, other various reinforcement and air bumps.

Make sure youre bumped all around at least too. Side note: jumping in heavy was fun as hell
                I don't always drink orange juice, but when I do, I prefer to chew it. #madpulp

Comment

Originally posted by Bigbike View Post
                  How is that trail? Iv always wanted to try it.
                  Fun as hell. Has tons of ledges and a couple little rock gardens here and there.

Originally posted by HeavyMetal View Post

I might not gain alot but it's fun. Maybe i'll go for some more stiffeners if I decide to go any higher though.

Comment

Jumped some more today, not as much as last time, but I think im gonna take it easy till I get some unibody reinforcement in there. I just had to buy a new STT since I slashed a sidewall a couple days ago, have to run my goofy bald BFG for a week or two.

I definately want prothanes, cause this happens alot, and it hits kinda hard. Anyone know about what length i'm gonna want? I know i'm gonna have to trim them down to get them just right though.

I did some more high speed too. I think i might get bilsteins out back actually to smooth the ride out a little.

I'm also gonna get new bushings all round, my leaf bushings and my LCA bushings are all shot, RC and Rusty's bushings SUCK, leafs are only like a year old and the LCA's are only like a month old. I can get a full poly kit for like 130 bucks. Gonna run that and put a Krawler Joint in the acontrol arms to get rid of some binding.
                    Last edited by iant333; 08-30-2010, 03:41 PM.

Comment

Havent updated in a while. Bought a RockKrawler trackbar & bracket kit in person for a 25% discount this morning. Installed it today and just want to dial it in tomorrow. Just gonna recommend it though, this is a monster and for $149 I couldn't complain even if it was a piece of shit.

Replaced my clunky rustys LCA bushings with some Moog ones, no more clunkery.

Fixed my made in China PORC SYE's rear output seal with a beautiful Chicago rawhide seal, no more leak.

Learned that gear oil containing limited slip additive eats regular RTV sealant explaining why my rear axle seal goes bad every 3 weeks. Fixed that with a special formulation of RTV meant for use on diff covers.

Gonna get around to welding my frame stiffeners on and mounting up my belly skid one of these days. Maybe as a Christmas present I will buy myself the JCR Prerunner bumper i've been looking at. Once that is squared away I can pretty much call my Jeep done, which will fell pretty good, no longer any more of a money pit then a regular car.

My Jeep is in perfect mechanical condition for the first time in a very looooong time, no clunks, vibes, shimmies or leaks. At least until I get around to breaking it again, maybe next spring.
                      Last edited by iant333; 10-12-2010, 10:36 PM.

Comment

Pics in case anyone was interested.

Comment

nice track bar....I just put one of those in too.

as for you wanting prothanes.....no you dont. I have broken them everytime i went to do any high speed and i know sam has grenaded a bunch. Im looking for different options right now other than air bumps. i cant justify spending 70 bucks on prothanes everytime i wanna go fast

97 TJ that I think is pretty neat.

Comment

Originally posted by CumminsJeep View Post
                            nice track bar....I just put one of those in too.

as for you wanting prothanes.....no you dont. I have broken them everytime i went to do any high speed and i know sam has grenaded a bunch. Im looking for different options right now other than air bumps. i cant justify spending 70 bucks on prothanes everytime i wanna go fast
                            My stock bumps with hockey pucks are holding up better than I thought they would. A handful of jumps and high speed bottom outs and they are still fairly intact. Besides shattering my spine when I land they are doing their job.

I think i'm gonna keep the setup I have.

Comment

Working...
                            X