No announcement yet.

Project Poorly Planned

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

when you made your rear upper shock mounts, did they hold well?
    2000 Jeep Cherokee Sport, 4.0L I6, stock for now

Comment

they're holding up fine currently, they don't move at all and they are held in by two 3/8 bolts so I don't think they'll be going anywheres
      dirty30

Comment

Originally posted by fullwidthxj191 View Post
        did you keep the orange?

Ohyeah, well it matchs the color of my guard, and I was too lazy to prep it for new paint, psshhh I'm not care
        dirty30

Comment

well, havent done too much lately.

i cut and folded my rusting rear quarters and tore out the carpet in the back, nd pulled up the one in the front to check the rust issue

dirty30

Comment

Not much progress lately, 12 school hrs+ ~ 40 work hrs a week has kept me occupied, that and i am in need of a welder as my MIG lit on fire. My Winter check list

- Weld in stiffeners and simultaneously install CallahanAutoParts long arms
            - Retrieve d44 from the gearing and plop that in with some ruffstuff hardware
            - gear front and start my WJ conversion, which still needs balljoints, hubs, rotors, calipers, pads, trackbat and other misc, but shouldn't be too hard
            - maybe weld in my rockers..... if i can find steel that isnt a billiondy dollars

that is all
            dirty30

Comment

Progress has been made, despite my lack of inspiration.

Well on easter i did this

replaced the hatch now my jeep is a white girl with a black ass

Then after cracking and repairing the tinfoil UCA mount of the pass side i decided it was time to man up and take the jep off the road to do the stiffeners adn long arms ive had sitting around for the better part of a year

heres the stiffeners and crossmemberskid bolted together

the nutserts being tacked on, dave had 7 holes to use but with the curve in my TnT stiffeners it would have been a crapshoot to try and use the last one

orange arms cuz they taste better

the jeep is now roadworthy again. I have a ballistic truss and RE UCA mount to replace my broke ass one waiting to go in, as well as some used prothanes and a TnT trackbar. hopefully after that my front end wont be as shitty and ill be able to spend the dough on my 44 bracketry and front gears
              dirty30

Comment

Did you build those arms? I might want some measurements on those, then again you're twice as high as I am lol. At least a materials list would be cool.
                Watch your backhoe, I'm the John Deere man.

Comment

Haha, now I bought the arms from CSaddict almost a year ago, he built them.

In hindsight I should just bought a new set because trying to adapt he set he built around his jeep was imperfect to say the least
                  dirty30

Comment

Well the other day this happened

so i drank some of these

and ate some of these

and did when i woke in the morning i had done this with hardly any recollection

then i went about correcting said situation, and this parallels my dana 30 thread quite a bit
                    new uca mount from RE, pretty beefy and there bushing are way easier to service than stock

mocking the ballistic truss up

and everything welded including the uca mount

sorry about the quality, its all done with my shitty iphone, and i dont own a camera... or a computer so...

anyways i also started cutting reinforcement shit for the lca mounts which im gonna box and gusset, as well as i ve started trying to mock up some idears for my inner c gussets

also welded the tubes just for fun
                    dirty30

Comment

i love reading the comments you post in between pics
                      mrs. heavymetal from jeepforum
                      2022 JL Rubicon

Originally posted by hoggie101
                      and everyone qute dis because its the best grammer im going to have all year

Comment

Theyre really the only thing worth reading, otherwise its like an art exhibit in LowDef
                        dirty30

Comment

Originally posted by Hydra View Post

so i drank some of these

and ate some of these

Wow, two good things I need to try.
                          P8R

2012 Honda Accord - For DD/MPG Porpoises - Cooper Tire: Count on Cooper
                          2014 Granite Crystal WK2 Limited - Nitto Tire: Fueled by Enthusiasts

Poontang Pro 300EX 42" - For lawn porpoises
                          OG KOT #4736 Semper Sky Rock Racing/Standardbred Racing Designs 15.5 HP Turbo-Cool Craftsman, 6 Spd w/ crawl box, fat turf treads, Custom paint, and a red onzie

Comment

Working...
                          X