• Project: Rocker Damage

This is the direction its heading......
    COMPLETELY gutted
    Still 4.0L and AW4
    Dana 300 T-Case, HD F/R Outputs, 1350 Front, 1410 Rear, 4:1s
    Front Dana 60 4.10s, Detroit, 35 Spline Outers
    Rear 14 Bolt 4.10s, Welded
    Square Tube Driveshafts front and rear
    Custom Exo, Rocksliders, Bracing EVERYWHERE, Thru The Body Bracing, Custom Leaf Mounts F/R
    Custom 3 Link Front
    H1 12-Bolt Beadlocks
    43" TSL SXs
    Hydro Assist

This is a few of the pictures I have taken so far for the build...roughly in order of progress...and the tires are 43" TSL SXs which I plan to run unless I find a used set of 40-44" TSL for a good price.

DD - 95 F150, 302, 5 Speed, 6" Lift, & 36" TSL/Iroks

Trail Rig (In Progress) - 97 XJ, 4.0L, AW4, 12" of Lift, Chevy 1 Tons w/35 SPLs, 39.5 Iroks, 4 Link Front, Leaf Rear, Dana 300, Exo and a bunch of other goodies

oh snape. upside down XJ.

looks like a hell of a start. how far back did you relocate the shackles?
    2000 XJ: "The Black Jeep"
    MK2 Jetta > M3
    Chairman of the Chechnyan Space Program

Comment

I think a better name for this would be "sky high". Nice work though, can't wait to see this on the trail
      God made the world in seven days, on the 7th day, he made the Le Car

Real Jeeps have Unibodys

Comment

Thanks and if you are wondering, I did roll it over with my truck The shackles are stretched about 3 inches...more so for departure angle

Thanks, I cant wait to actually drive her again....Lol yeah it is quite a bit higher than I was figuring but then again there is NOTHING in it...the body is so stripped I can pick up one end.

Im not worried about stability...the suspension will be very soft yet stable, Ill have an 86" or so track width, and almost half the vehicles weight will be unsprung weight....full exo and roughly a 6 point internal cage if all else fails

Trail Rig (In Progress) - 97 XJ, 4.0L, AW4, 12" of Lift, Chevy 1 Tons w/35 SPLs, 39.5 Iroks, 4 Link Front, Leaf Rear, Dana 300, Exo and a bunch of other goodies

Comment

Quick update...pics are in no particular order....got my winch plate done 1/2" braced with 3/8 angle iron welded to 2x2x.25 square tubing (winch bolts through these and the plate) in which that is welding to the 1/4" frame plating...serious strength

Got my H1 Beadlocks...waiting for inserts
          39.5x13.5 Iroks
          Rear is pretty much done other than shocks & rear driveshaft
          All my 4 link brackets are done other than LCA on axle side...decided to buy those....LCA body side brackets are just tacked to the 3/8 for mockup purposes.
          4 Link is mocked up with stuff I had laying around for now. lol
          2nd to last picture is how it sits at the moment.......

Just need Dana 300, front suspension, driveshafts and fuel system

Comment

You said that you were going to do an exo, Find any designs you like or how you are going to run it? (sunken tubing, or close to body lines?)
            God made the world in seven days, on the 7th day, he made the Le Car

Real Jeeps have Unibodys

Comment

wow this is quite the project, good luck
              4x4 Station Wagon...

Comment

3 or 4 link front? How are you coming up with the geometry? What are you using for materials?
                1950 Willys Trail Rig
                2007.5 Dodge 2500 QCSB 6.7 Cummins 68RFE 4x4

Comment

Originally posted by OWEN View Post
                  3 or 4 link front? How are you coming up with the geometry? What are you using for materials?
                  From the below pics, I'm assuming dual triangulated 4 link.

Originally posted by 1-Ton-XJ View Post

Any closer pics of the mounts you have done on the axle? Not trying to make assumptions, but it looks like you're just welding the axle mount tabs straight to the cast center section. Do you have a ton of confidence in those welds?

I'm no expert by any means, but how you started those mounts in the first picture scares me a little.
                  Last edited by Even; 05-24-2010, 09:13 PM.

Comment

Pics look like double tri 4 link, original post said 3 link...
                    1950 Willys Trail Rig
                    2007.5 Dodge 2500 QCSB 6.7 Cummins 68RFE 4x4

Comment

INTERESTINGGGGGGGGGGGGGGg
                      Originally posted by Ktmracer419
                      some people choose video games
                      some choose projects
                      some choose welding random things together

Comment

Is it me or do the arms look really small? How much separation do you have on the links axle side?

nvm on the arms couldnt see em that well
                        Last edited by Magilla; 05-25-2010, 12:44 AM.
                        1996 xj, waggy 44 front 5.13 gears aussie trussed, 3 links, 3.5" coils, spooled 8.8 rear, 38" tsl sx's, tnt front bumper, jesus freaks rear bumper, Olympic top hat roof rack, bunch of dumb shit
                        2001 wj tbd
                        1974 5 ton

Comment

Originally posted by raze1287 View Post
                          Is it me or do the arms look really small? How much separation do you have on the links axle side?
                          The frame side seperation also looks a little sketchy.

Comment

Originally posted by gobigorgohome View Post
                            You said that you were going to do an exo, Find any designs you like or how you are going to run it? (sunken tubing, or close to body lines?)
                            I have a few ideas...thats further down the road, but its definitely going to be tight to the body. I look at other ppls designs and kind of am incorporating those into what Im looking for

Thanks Cpt Crunch

Owen, it is based off of a TJ rear 4-link, then I used a calculator, and i have a good amount of adjustment set up into my links/mounts to compensate for a little bit here and there. I already flexed it out a little to check some things and it looked pretty good so I continued with it. I am using 2x2x.25 square tubing sleeved with 1.5x1.5x.25 and square tube adapters welded into the 2x2 (the other tube will just slide in and stay there...no welding is necessary) and the joints will be either TG Creeper Joints or 3" Ballistics Joints

Even, it is a 4 link, I changed my mind due to clearance issues with the passenger coil/track bar mount/hydro assist. I have absolutely NO worry about the welds...I heated up the casting and burned it in like no other....my camera cant take pictures any closer because it SUCKS. But it is fully boxed in now and has 2 triangulated braces placed opposite of each arm just incase...Its not going ANYWHERE

As far as separation, the "links" that are there are just resting in their approximate areas in that picture....the separation is all completely calculated...my axle side lcas separation is wider than your Dana 30

I think got all of the questions n such

Comment

Working...
                            X