No announcement yet.

Trail Grenade build

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

had a couple hours to work on it today, got the frame rails and rear crossmember tacked together

95 xj JY 3" 35" truxus mt's

Comment

Niiice

But why the cutout section on the rear? Obously for the shake but why not keep it box all the way across and run the shake off the back of it. Bolting it wouldn't be that fun like that id imagine
      Originally posted by Ktmracer419
      some people choose video games
      some choose projects
      some choose welding random things together

Comment

There's nuts welded to the inside of the pocket and when I cap the ends I'm going to sleeve an access hole for a socket, making it easy to bolt together. And y not? Lol I've never really seen this done before and like the looks of it, plus it's just as functional.

Comment

No I like it no doubt. Me talking out loud again. Just seams if it ever got seized in the bushing or whatever it could be a bit of a pain to get the bolt out. Guess its a Cherokee thing. Always worried bout them damn bolts getting seized without access to the back side to punch it out or unable to pull it out with a pickle fork lololol
          Originally posted by Ktmracer419
          some people choose video games
          some choose projects
          some choose welding random things together

Comment

believe me i know where your coming from there lol i hate that shit.. i was thinking about it tonight, and im thinking of making removable access panels instead so i can still get something in there to pry if need be. the bolts will be greased and never seized as well.

Comment

got the frame z cut and boxed and spring pockets welded in

cut and notched a crossmember for my fuel hoses

cut out a small section and welded in a piece of 4" tube cut in half for shock clearance

hitch reciever

connected the back of my boatsides together and tied into the frame, also used for a gas tank holder

boatsided behind the cab

shock hoops and bumpstop pads

checking for clearance

tank in and super high tech spare tire mount

took it to rc oct 28th and proceeded to get 15" of snow the 29th

everything worked great and had no problems or breakage all weekend, other than having to get a new blower motor and wire it to a switch so i could see where i was going because the wipers do not work

Comment

bump. i need to know where this stands.
                No worries, I'm not actually back, I'm just reminiscing about the old days.

ForSure Motorsports
                Win or Lose, We Booze.

Vice President of Internal Affairs at Dirty Donny's House of Hookers

Comment

Working...
                X